I have never complained about the 4G service that I have been getting from Ooredoo Kuwait, until about the second half of 2015.Before the mass roll-out of Ooredoo's more affordably priced 4G LTE internet packages last year, the speed of their 4G network was quite good (at home or at work).
After the mass roll-out of the aforementioned service, the speed of their 4G network went downhill. The current speed of their 4G LTE service now is more or less the speed of their previous 4G network. Something is wrong if their 3G network has a faster download speed than their 4G one. I have checked with their customer service, even they told me that I am supposed to have a pretty good 4G reception at home.
I have always been vigilant about checking the service that I have been getting from Ooredoo Kuwait. What I am going to say is unproven and is just speculation. I think they have tweaked (for the worse / downgraded) the settings of their 4G network to make their 4G LTE service seem better without actually making the necessary improvements on their network. Instead of making improvements on their facilities to accommodate the improvements that 4G LTE bring, they just tweaked something in their network to make 4G slower (a lot slower than 3G; 4G ave.
speed is more or less 2 Mbps) and make it seem that 4G LTE is a huge improvement. I think they only tweaked the settings in certain places where there they have a lot of subscribers. The speed of their 4G network in our office, which is almost in the middle of nowhere, is simply amazing. At home though, the speed of their 4G network is heartbreaking.
I am not an expert when it comes to the ins and outs of IT-related stuff.I just have basic knowledge of basic information regarding network speeds from reading articles from credible sources.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Affordability of their internet plans
What I disliked
- How the 4g network is now subpar from what it used to be
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Product or service
- Ooredoo 4G Internet
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "They failed to provide the fact that it is strictly a middle man company, and that after purchasing your local number you still have to pay for an account directly..."
- "4 years ago we started with Century Link in Las Vegas. Loved it. Had Prism TV. Loved it as well. Moved to Florida and immediately called Century Link. Found out..."
- "I sit hear and read all these interesting comments and it just baffles me at the way people communicate their feelings. If anyone has ACTUALLY taken the time to..."
- "I live in Kuwait . I had purchased a Rose Metal stone studded watch couple of months back from "On Time Watches " Kuwait . It has now..."
- "Abstract.Please read this passage carefully, I will explain of the incidents that I faced shipping my package with apache logistics, and why you should think twice when shipping with this..."
- "I have complaine at 2 of the staff at strabucks avenue she and he are very bad staff even im pilipino i dont like the way they act.so upsiting..."
- "ORDER NO. 393763199 Placed an order since Nov. 27. Been waiting for almost a week for the items to arrive. 2 items were said to have been shipped but still..."
- "Ordered a beautiful premium flower arrangement from Teleflora for parents 64th anniversary. Vase should've been larger bouquet should've had plenty of roses in rich oranges and yellows. What came was..."
- "I order a Dallas Cowboy Decanter Set in July or beginning of August, they stated it will be shipped. After about a week or 2 I called because I didn't..."