BEWARE!!! OOMA IS CROOKED

4 of 46 Ooma reviews

I paid $180 for a Ooma machine so I could get the advertised "free telephone service including free long distance for life".Recently I got a notice from Ooma that they could no longer give me service because I had changed my bank account number and they could no longer withdraw $14 a month from my account.

The trouble is I never ever gave them permission to draw anything at all out of my bank account. I called them and the first person I talked to (in a foreign nation) was very rude and told me if I did not give her a credit card number or a new bank account number they would cut my telephone service off. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the supervisor admitted that I was supposed to get free service for life and it was all a "mistake" and she would fix it. She did not.

Now I have a very infuriating recording on my phone every time i try to make a phone call on my ooma phone. I have to spend time listening to the *** recording everytime I want to make a call. On the recording they are demanding I call them and give them a credit card number or a bank account number. They are total crooks that advertised falsely.

Unless you want money taken from your bank account or your credit card without giving them permission to do so, then find another telephone company to do business with.

I am out hundreds of dollars because they took money each month out of my account without my permission plus they now want to charge me taxes and fees on what was originally supposed to be a totally free service for life.Crooks!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • False advertising
    • Taking money from my bank account without permission
    • Trying to force me to pay for something advertised as free
    • Harrassing me with phone recording

Reason of review:
False Advertising and Fraud
Preferred solution:
Give me my free service as advertised no charges at all and refund the money you took out of my bank account without my permission
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Ooma Phone Service
Review category
Telecommunications
review #987394

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ooma? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4 of 46 Ooma reviews

Jan 12 #1269961

Then how did they get your bank's routing number and your account number? You had to of given it to them. Or they are very good at guessing at large numbers.
As for the "free telephone service including free long distance for life". I have that also. I have had it for, like, eight years. The service is free. The taxes and state/Federal fees have to be paid by you.
You gave them, apparently, your bank information when you set up the service to cover the taxes. That is the only way that you can even get the free services started.
What did you think? "I will just buy a piece of hardware and the internet fairies are going to give me a number and 911 service when I plug this thingamajig into the wall! Okay Doky!"

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.