One Source talent is now nine9 modeling and acting

37 of 316 One Source Talent reviews

one source talent is now nine9 modeling and acting! still charge people, same company. 99 models charges money. i would not trust and run, same old company. nine9 models is just a new name for old company. they want you credit card now, everything weird.

if one source was so good why change name to nine9 to confuse people. do homework on these people. they tell you what you want to hear, tell you to come into office, and call for phone appointment.

when you apply to one source talent nine 9 than call you. seems odd. wanted daughter to come in, never again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 19 Yes 19
37 of 316 One Source Talent reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 13, 2015 #1077955

How do you find your kids work and where did you go to find them work if you don't mind me asking

8 0 Reply

Dec 04, 2015 #1074094

ok, i got a call from nine9 is this legit or not???

8 3 Reply

Dec 01, 2015 #1072445

Ok, i complete an online application for modeling/acting, then someone from Nine9 called me to set up an appointment to come in downtown Chicago. I'm not skeptical after reading and i'm thankful for reviews and comments like the ones posted here

21 4 Reply

Jan 18, 2016 #1096940

Was it a scam? They made an appointment With my daughter in Chicago. After reading all these reviews idk if I should go

1 0 Reply

Feb 09, 2016 #1108902

I'm in the same boat you are in. I have a second interview this up coming Mon. After reading this I'm not sure if I want to move forward with this agency. I could see if the good out weighed the bad, but everyone is speaking so badly I may just reconsider. ;(

Dec 01, 2015 #1072131

I filled out the application online and I got a call from nine9. Her name was sheran and she said she's calling to set an appointment with me but after reading what everyones comment about this company I'm having second taughts to scedual an appointment for the interview. I don't want to waste.

7 5 Reply

Nov 30, 2015 #1071781

Nine9 will charge you $149 plus $39.95 per month. They ask you on the second appointment.
After you pay the first fee, they have you come back and pay for a photo shoot.
Nine 9 Talent Models and Actors is the same people at One Source Talent. Run out of the same offices just new numbers and logo.

4 0 Reply

Nov 28, 2015 #1070604

Can someone tell me if this is a waste of time?

12 3 Reply

Nov 20, 2015 #1067022

Yup when i was interviewed by nine9 the *** of a lady said accidentally so why are you applying for one source. ..oh my mistake nine9?!? They ask everyone to come back and everyone gets excited and then they ask u for a.fee. if they want you they pay u. Never ever pay modeling or acting agents. They pay u

15 2 Reply

Nov 19, 2015 #1066487

They set me up an interview for tonight when do they ask for money

7 2 Reply
Demi

Nov 19, 2015 #1066629 Chicago, Illinois, United States

i have an appointment at 7 and over the phone I asked them if I was going to have to pay for anything because if so I'm not wasting my time & she said no so idk. I never did one source but I did do John Casablancas and they got me into paying so much money for " classes" that didn't benefit me

5 0 Reply

Dec 31, 2015 #1086547 Warren, Michigan, United States

I have also been at John Casablancas it was ridiculous! They were unprofessional! The so called "teachers" were horrible! I only found that one of the teachers were legit trying to teach and knew what she was doing. I went to nine9 yesterday and well to me they seemed just a bit more professional but I honestly don't know. I will say that me and my mom both auditioned and well my mom was not the best (The fact that they had us audition together seemed strange to me. Oh well) but they still accepted both of us and said to come back the next day. I dont know what I should do.

Dec 31, 2015 #1086763 Paramount, California, United States

I payed 2,500 for john casa blanca they are a scam after a year i went back and it shut down. I would say don't waste your money.

Nov 20, 2015 #1066779

Just curious to how did your interview because they emailed me to meet with them but I'm skeptical about going.

4 0 Reply

Nov 27, 2015 #1070476

They will ask for money after the second "call back" n after they take multiple pictures from a cheap camera.

2 0 Reply

Nov 17, 2015 #1065428

Just received a call to meet with them Saturday. Is this legit or not?

5 4 Reply

Nov 16, 2015 #1064505

It's a company, you said it yourself. So of course they charge a fee. Are you pissed that you pay for cable or netflix?

4 20 Reply

Nov 17, 2015 #1065193

No no, you do have your mindset all wrong- the cable company could care less if they want you but it is you who wants them and they will ask for a charge. If a modeling company wants you, they will get paid first and then pay you- and is a company a way of advertising? Is the burger at McDonalds that loaded and made to perfection when you go in and buy it for yourself?

25 0 Reply

Dec 17, 2015 #1080154

To enlighten a few people, I would say, don't do it. I was with one source when I was just starting out. The most I did were 2 unpaid background gigs. The only good thing was that I got to meet a few people. But, if you are looking for an agent, places that charge you are not the way to go. If you want to do background work to get your feet wet, go to central casting or just sign up for Backstage or LA Casting. Make sure you have some headshots up and try to get a reel together. Save your money for all of that!

6 1 Reply

1-20 of 131 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about One Source Talent.
Filing a new complaint about
×