One Source Talent Agency Fraud!!!!!

312 of 316 One Source Talent reviews

THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD..HAD MY 1ST INTERVIEW YESTERDAY, IN WHICH I WAS TOLD THAT I HAD A GREAT LOOK AND PERSONALITY..THE REPRESENTATIVES THEN MENTIONED SOMETHING ABOUT ME NEEDING TO PAY THEM $496.00 FOR PICTURES THEY PROVIDE.THIS SENT UP A RED FLAG, BECAUSE I'VE BEEN ACTING FOR 20 YEARS, AND NOT ONCE HAVE I BEEN ASKED TO PAY FOR SOMETHING.

NO AGENCY OR REPRESENTATIVE SHOULD ASK FOR MONEY UPFRONT.

THEY GET COMPENSATED WHEN YOU (THE TALENT) BOOKS JOBS.IT'S NEVER THE OTHER WAY AROUND..THIS COMPANY PREYS ON PEOPLE'S HOPES & DREAMS..PLEASE BEWARE!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 17 Yes 17
312 of 316 One Source Talent reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Lynzie

Feb 10, 2010 #113607

Thank You everyone for writing on here and lettin me (everyone) now about them!! They called me and told me a bunch of BS!!! And Im glad I read this b4 going to my appt. on Saturday!

One Source Bullshit

Feb 10, 2010 #113441

stay away fraud they should be shut down

Kevin

Feb 10, 2010 #113429

I just got a phone call today after submitting my info online to OST yesterday (pretty quick), and the guy told me that they wanted to meet with me ASAP. I have an appointment sched for 7pm two days from now. My wife suggest maybe I search the net just to be sure it's legit. I'm glad I found this. Thanks eveyone for being honest on here. If they want money up front, it's NOT LEGIT!

Ziggy

Feb 06, 2010 #112341

My bad about the last post, I meant to put OST (One Source Talent), not ONS

Ziggy

Feb 06, 2010 #112338

I went down the other day for the 2nd interview and was given the whole rundown on what I had to do. They asked that I pay a start-up of $499 for "marketing material" and a monthly fee of something around $40. However, after I told them that I had qualms about paying all that money just to join and that I have been experienced in modeling for quite a few years, the person talking to me stepped outside the office for a while. 5 minutes later, her boss comes in instead, telling me to go home. Reasons is that I had no work permit as I am a student in the US and cannot accept me. Makes sense yes? But I'll tell you this, ONS are very aware of the fact there are people out there that recognize a scam agency (ie. the other people writing this thread). Agencies are supposed to get their talents work permits, more than half of all fashion models working in the US are foreign. I was working all over the Asian region in 5 different countries, not once did I have a problem with work permits. They knew that if I stayed long enough, I'd eventually figure out they were up to something.
Having been in modeling and acting for the past 6 years in Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Hong Kong and Japan and I have NEVER had to pay for getting into an agency. Photographs for my first composite card came free since every established agency could arrange free test-shoots with photographers under their network, let alone paying 5 hundy. If any talent/model agency is even remotely interested in
... Show more

hahahahahahahhaha

Feb 03, 2010 #111457

yupp i went there today at 5 and they said yes to me and to pay 495 like wtf?!!!! my dad said no so i got angry and mad....... maybe cryed haha. anyways why the *** would they accept me?! i am a muslium girl with the head scarf like in the entertainment bussinesss there is no girl with the head scarf there doing some acting or modeling?! crazy peoples

angelica

Jan 26, 2010 #108433

today i went to the interview and they said i have to pay 400$ :) :grin ;) 8) :p :roll :eek :upset :zzz :sigh :? :cry :( :x

hether

Jan 26, 2010 #108391

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :?

Grace

Jan 24, 2010 #107547

okay, first of all, I signed up for JRPnewyork and got an email from one source talent today and I was like, wth? Well, I was suppose to have an interview this weekend but I decided to look them up before wasting my time, and found out they were a scam. & is jrpnewyork and onesourcetalent the same because I never signed up for onesourcetalent. I have been looking for a legit and good agency for the past three months and all I get is a bunch of scams. If anyone knows a good agency, please tell me. Thanks :)

Cindy

Jan 23, 2010 #107224

I submitted my teenage son's pic as a joke and got a call the next day. I have not responded and get a call everyday from them. SCAM!!!!

Alex Considine

Jan 20, 2010 #106349

I was looking through the internet for agencies and this one came up. i filled out the information and got a call the next day. at first i was exited and wanted to yell for joy but then i had this bad feeling. i was like how could they have possibly called me back that fast so i googled them and down the whole list it read SCAM!!! needless to say i deleted the message on my cell phone and i'm not going to be in contact with them ever again.

Sahba

Jan 14, 2010 #104291

I 100% would not do it!!! i had an interview yesterday in NY, called out of work n spent 50$ taking the train back n forth there, i made it throught the INTERVIEW part and got asked to come back the following sunday, which seemed wayyy to soon to make things happen for me. not to mention the place looked soooo unprofesional it was obviouse that it was a major scam! but i was telling myself well i will keep going with this to see what will happen, next thing i know there asking me for$$ to get the pix done and im like ok well how much 10, 20 30 or 100 dollars maybe!? but they told me it will only be a one time charge of 450 not including the monthly fees! HHMMM no no thank u!!!! this might be good for some ppl but its deff not for me! :?

Angela

Jan 09, 2010 #102625

I was skeptical when I submitted my daughters pic for modeling, but thought I'd see what it was about. They called and told me she was the prettiest little girl they EVER SAW. Hmm, really? We arrive for our so-called interview, to blaring music and a movie while we fill out the little app. There is a room full of cattle and we get shoved around for 'measurements' and a pic, and then a 'presentation'. Now I'm really sure it's all a scam, but I play along. We get called again into another private room, where the girl asks my daughter a few questions, which my daughter was too shy to answer, and then tells us she wants us to come back for a 2nd and final interview. She also told me I have to use their photographer, even though the pics I already have are from a professional, and the cost starts around $400. She also told me they can get her auditions, but it's up to her to get the gig. This is their way of letting you know that they cannot be responsible if nothing happens. Oh, and there is also a monthly fee for them to 'help' you. If you are serious about your career, don't use these people.

Angela

Jan 09, 2010 #102624

kev

Jan 06, 2010 #101381

went today at 7pm in beverly hills they had everyone in a big room in the back i decided to go to the front where you entered and where they have the ppl that are getting interviewed in rooms in the font. maybe i was lucky that day but for some reason everyone got the same "come back tomorrow for second interview card". the reason how i know everyone got it was cuz i was the last one there and last one out, and like i told you i was waiting where the entrance was so i seen everyone leave.

eaze

Jan 03, 2010 #100598

this place ia a huuuuge scam i had an interview with them before they had a guy named timmur or something like that there who was the agent this guy had the nerve to ask me why should he call me back to be a part one one source as if he was doing me a favor by taking my money for some bull *** i can do myself and all this was in manhatten new york the place was very dirty and the guy hardly spoke english talked fast as *** and only wanted money *** one source i drove like 2 hours for that *** just so i could realize it was a scam and drive back home dissapointed then all my family asked me what happened because they were excited for me then i had to break the news people please dont waste your time with these people they just want your money not to help you i really wish people were more honest it sucks to be an actor starting from the bottom up but fellow actors and actresses dont give up your dreams because people pull you down keep going no matter what

robert

Dec 11, 2009 #94001

omg i was asked the same thing money im like no fraud then the ppl were very rude to me afterwords i dont care what they are they should not ask for money

Mike

Nov 24, 2009 #89628

They are not an agency. One Source Talent is a service for the fashion and acting communities. One Source Talent maintains an interactive database of models, actors and clients looking to fulfill creative requests and needs. The goal of One Source Talent is to create cost-effective, working relationships between talent and clients via its interactive network. Created in 2003, One Source Talent has quickly found success in an extremely competitive industry previously dominated by a select few. With the opening of its Dallas office, One Source Talent has quickly expanded to eight offices in less than five years of operation. Additional offices can be found in; Detroit (Headquarters); San Diego; New York; Chicago; Miami; Phoenix; and Los Angeles. With its unique business structure, advanced technology and a dedicated staff, One Source Talent is quickly changing how the modeling and acting worlds conduct business.

caroline t.

Nov 22, 2009 #89102

so, i was wondering??? i went to one of thier meetings yesterday w/my 3 girls. they did the whole "full room" song & dance, then had us make an appointment to "come back" since Cathleen the agent interviewing us all said only people they were interested in would be called back for a private interview... i called the corporate office 2 days ago and asked them directly, "will i be required to bring any monies?" i was told, No. you will need a portfolio, but you can use your own photographer or ours." so, i figured, ok. they sound legit...but in the room full of people we were all told that they offer a web-page that would be $40.00 a month to maintain if we really wanted to get our faces out there! hmmmmm... now i'm really having my doubts! i'm supposed to pull all 3 of my girls out of school tomorrow in order to drive all the way to scottsdale...do you think this is a SCAM? we've never done anything like this before... do you know how to locate a legitimate agent??? thx for any input! it's greatly appreciated. :x

Jan

Nov 22, 2009 #89050

1-20 of 465 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about One Source Talent.
Filing a new complaint about
×