OfficeDesigns - OFFICE DESIGNS HUMANSCALE FALSE ADVERTISING
Update added by user May 09, 2013
Their General Manager called me yesterday 5/8/13, after i initiated a chat session on their website letting them know how disappointed in this transaction.He acknowledged it was a mistake on their website, explained clearly exactly what happened, and was very sincere in asking me how they could correct the situation.
He worked with me to offer a fair solution that i was ok with.
Overall i will say that was pleasantly surprised with how this was handled after i communicated my concerns to the right person.I will update once i receive this product.
Original review posted by user May 07, 2013
I placed an order with OFFICEDESIGNS.COM (OFFICE DESIGNS) on Saturday May 4th, 2013 for two Humanscale desks after following a link to their website for low prices on the product. I placed my order for each desk cost for $181 per desk, which was promptly charge to my credit card the same day. I received an order confirmation immediately stating they would inform me of my ship date.
Today 5/7/2013, i received a call from a representative from the company (officedesigns.com) who informed me that they would NOT honor the prices they advertised on their website because "the manufacturer made a mistake", and it wasn't their fault. Sounds like a cop out to blame Humanscale for the mistake. OK fine. Then HumanScale should honor that price.
I informed him that i thought he should honor the advertised price because if i went into any reputable retail store and saw something advertised at a reasonable price and purchased it, a reputable store would honor the price marked.
He said that this was online and not a retail store. WOW. That's a bold statement for an internet retailer.
Here's the screenshot of the original advertisement of their pricing on their website where it clearly says ADD TO CART FOR LOWER PRICE, which i did.
That's really too bad that they took this route.
It clearly shows that some companies, namely OFFICEDESIGNS.COM (and by association HUMANSCALE, despite what they say about their "Low Price Guarantee and Customer Service Promises to ensure your complete satisfaction" only give lip service instead of real customer service.
The proper way to handle this would be to suck it up and honor the transaction. Considering the fact that our company is growing to 2 cities this year, and 3 more next year, humanscale and their unethical distributor just lost a sizable order.
I hope anyone considering buying product from officedesigns.com or humanscale consider their attitude towards customer service. If this is their idea of complete satisfaction, I would hate to see what their post sale service is like.
Buyer Beware of OfficeDesigns.com and HUMANSCALE
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Human Scale Desks
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "This ad is a SCAM & RIP-OFF ARTIST! See what happened to me below… "Let me make your day with a sensual massage you wont forget! Relax and unwind while..."
- "Jason Brouwer (President) and his siding/roofing company, "The Gopher Company Inc." were summonsed to appear in Hennepin County's Fourth Judicial District Court for neglectful subcontracting of our Albertville home replacement..."
- "please just look at the similarity of designs he sent in comparison to work he has done before I approached luckasz on Facebook as I was looking for a professional..."
- "All three half-time announcers on CBS just pronounced our State name, and that of the University of Nevada, incorrectly! Why do the live game announcers correctly pronounce the University of..."
- "Purchased these green beans a day ago. I don't know what is in it but it is nasty. I would like to be contacted about this. I don't know if..."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- "I purchased a CASHMERE sweater from Modlily. A week later, I received a cheap cotton knit sweatshirt. When I complained and sent pictures I was told, "our price..."
- "We took our dog to camp Bow Wow in San Antonio, TX Northwest while on vacation. When we returned, we picked him up and the card they gave us which..."
- "Last September 12th driving on the highway i-35 SB when an unidentified object hit my windshield while going 70 mph. I was going from Austin to San Antonio and had..."