OfficeDesigns - OFFICE DESIGNS HUMANSCALE FALSE ADVERTISING
Update added by user May 09, 2013
Their General Manager called me yesterday 5/8/13, after i initiated a chat session on their website letting them know how disappointed in this transaction.He acknowledged it was a mistake on their website, explained clearly exactly what happened, and was very sincere in asking me how they could correct the situation.
He worked with me to offer a fair solution that i was ok with.
Overall i will say that was pleasantly surprised with how this was handled after i communicated my concerns to the right person.I will update once i receive this product.
Original review posted by user May 07, 2013
I placed an order with OFFICEDESIGNS.COM (OFFICE DESIGNS) on Saturday May 4th, 2013 for two Humanscale desks after following a link to their website for low prices on the product. I placed my order for each desk cost for $181 per desk, which was promptly charge to my credit card the same day. I received an order confirmation immediately stating they would inform me of my ship date.
Today 5/7/2013, i received a call from a representative from the company (officedesigns.com) who informed me that they would NOT honor the prices they advertised on their website because "the manufacturer made a mistake", and it wasn't their fault. Sounds like a cop out to blame Humanscale for the mistake. OK fine. Then HumanScale should honor that price.
I informed him that i thought he should honor the advertised price because if i went into any reputable retail store and saw something advertised at a reasonable price and purchased it, a reputable store would honor the price marked.
He said that this was online and not a retail store. WOW. That's a bold statement for an internet retailer.
Here's the screenshot of the original advertisement of their pricing on their website where it clearly says ADD TO CART FOR LOWER PRICE, which i did.
That's really too bad that they took this route.
It clearly shows that some companies, namely OFFICEDESIGNS.COM (and by association HUMANSCALE, despite what they say about their "Low Price Guarantee and Customer Service Promises to ensure your complete satisfaction" only give lip service instead of real customer service.
The proper way to handle this would be to suck it up and honor the transaction. Considering the fact that our company is growing to 2 cities this year, and 3 more next year, humanscale and their unethical distributor just lost a sizable order.
I hope anyone considering buying product from officedesigns.com or humanscale consider their attitude towards customer service. If this is their idea of complete satisfaction, I would hate to see what their post sale service is like.
Buyer Beware of OfficeDesigns.com and HUMANSCALE
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Human Scale Desks
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Ordered two Logitech K400 wireless keyboards and they did not come with USB receivers they came with some sort of USB extension that is NOT a receiver. Contacted support three..."
- "I am a recent victim of a Cydcor office in Michigan. I worked in Bingham Farms with a ATT Uverse office. I never was paid correctly, I was..."
- "Anyone should do the same, complaints to the Federal Trade Commission and FBI. Sps Review Forum Scam - complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. Sps Review Forum Scam - complaint to..."
- "Contact Empire and they had a sales rep out the next day (Saturday). He arrived on time, was polite, took measurements, selected the laminate floor, and received a price quote..."
- "I live in Arizona so I thought I would drive to their listed location in Gilbert, Arizona to check them out. Not a big surprise they do not exist! They..."
- "Last September 12th driving on the highway i-35 SB when an unidentified object hit my windshield while going 70 mph. I was going from Austin to San Antonio and had..."
- "I purchased a box of crackers and each pack had what looked like and crumbled like peanut butter. I was completely disappointed and call the manufacturer and they stated it..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."
- "Well i find out today, 3 of the 4 refunds were made, but nit quite sure when theyll reach my bank!! As far as me NOT GETTING my mdse., i..."