Ievgen K, from odesk.com: The freelancer hijacked my dedicated server. The first contract he tried helping me, got stuck and was not able to get into WHM, I told him (I thought politely) that I'll find someone else that can fix this problem. He removed me on skype and changed my root password on the dedicated server.

I then messaged him saying I figured out the problem and does he want to continue work. He changed the root password back and I was able to restart cpanel thru ssh which was the problem and it was fixed.

Since this was a simple fix, I knew that freelancer wasn't the right one for this project so I closed the contract and let him know that I didn't appreciate him changing my root password. After a few minutes, I was not able to access my dedicated server anymore.

His profile IDs currently:

Full Name: Ievgen Kolotushkin

He is currently working with EasyIT as a Umbraco Developer. His skype is: TushkinE

Poor morals, poor business practices, very poor skills. I've hired over 20 others in the past 10 years, he's the worst by far.

Review about: Freelancer.

I didn't like: Employees.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Odesk Corporation?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.