OC Properties - Dee Coleman of The Garage II falsely misrepresented a vehicle offered for sale on Ebay
Dee Coleman of the Garage II sold me a 1967 Chevy Nova, he advertised it on Ebay, said the car was perfect from Top to Bottom.The guy showed 100% references on Ebay so I never questioned his word.
Here is the item number on Ebay 380664874357. It's a nice car but picture are all from a distance, nothing closeup. I payed him top dollar for this car and he said the paint was show quality paint. However, I had to wait 15 days to receive the car instead of the regular 7 days it takes from California to Florida because he blundered the shipping by going with the cheapest trucking company he could find.
After finding a reliable company I received the car and to my surprise it had scratches on the trim, rust in the panels and cracks in the paint. When confronting the truck driver we decided to call Dee where he admitted these damages were there before the shipping. With his admittance of the scratches I was not able to claim any damages from the truck driver. However, he never described the vehicle as having any damages at all.
His ad said perfect from top to bottom and also he never wrote any defects in the Used Car field on Ebay where they require you to write defects. So be careful of this classic car dealer, he makes you sign "AS IS" Documents and tells you to have the car checked out by someone. What he is basically saying is, his word is no good and do not trust his 100% rating on Ebay. Also, be very careful as he will lure you away from Ebay by offering to reduce the price.
I believe this is how he maintains his 100% rating. I am in the process of filing a lawsuit against his company for false advertising and misleading consumers. My lawyers says we can file two separate lawsuits and he will need to defend himself in both states. Between both lawsuits I will be able to recover about $5000.00 in small claims court.
In order to fix these cracks I will need to refinish and repaint the car as there is no other way to fix and just paint these panels. Experts say the color will never match. Estimates are about $8000.00-$10,000.00 for a quality two stage paint. Dee comes off as a cool cat and he will return your calls, however, do not trust this classic car dealer at OC Properties or The Garage II in Visalia, California.
He will change his tune once documents are signed and money is transferred.
Once the sale is complete you will see his real personality come through.I hope this helps someone to avoid this misleading classic car dealer.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 1967 Chevy Nova
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "In recent Consumer Reports, the second generation Prius has shown to have issues with the electrical reliability of the vehicle despite its overall high reliability ratings. As an owner of..."
- "Subaru seems to randomly cover or not cover engines in the STi model that break piston ringlands. I had to get quite hostile to finally get reimbursed for my..."
- "This is just one example of Forest River Salem Cruise Lite issues.. Now, its important to understand the Forest River offers the idea of camping to folks that would not..."
- "I wish I could get off AARP's mailing list, they occupy the top of my junk mail sender list. They have begun employing a new and rather unscrupulous tactic, in..."
- "I purchased a waist training belt. I wore it one time and in less than two hours, it tore in two places. I tried returning it and have just been..."
- "I was told the firat 5 times regardless of weight i would recieve $50 but after 5 hours of being there stuck 3 times and then very bruised afterwards i..."
- "I can not explain how pissed off I am with att uverse services. Every month my bill was higher and higher. They didn't give me any warning stating that my..."
- "Horrible return Policy and customer service. I apparently made my purchase 3 and 4 days before their holiday return policy started. Honestly I was unaware of it in the first..."
- "I love Keebler E.L. Fudge cookies. But this time I open it up and to my sad surprise a few cookies did not even have fudge in between the cookies..."