OC Properties - Dee Coleman of The Garage II falsely misrepresented a vehicle offered for sale on Ebay
Dee Coleman of the Garage II sold me a 1967 Chevy Nova, he advertised it on Ebay, said the car was perfect from Top to Bottom.The guy showed 100% references on Ebay so I never questioned his word.
Here is the item number on Ebay 380664874357. It's a nice car but picture are all from a distance, nothing closeup. I payed him top dollar for this car and he said the paint was show quality paint. However, I had to wait 15 days to receive the car instead of the regular 7 days it takes from California to Florida because he blundered the shipping by going with the cheapest trucking company he could find.
After finding a reliable company I received the car and to my surprise it had scratches on the trim, rust in the panels and cracks in the paint. When confronting the truck driver we decided to call Dee where he admitted these damages were there before the shipping. With his admittance of the scratches I was not able to claim any damages from the truck driver. However, he never described the vehicle as having any damages at all.
His ad said perfect from top to bottom and also he never wrote any defects in the Used Car field on Ebay where they require you to write defects. So be careful of this classic car dealer, he makes you sign "AS IS" Documents and tells you to have the car checked out by someone. What he is basically saying is, his word is no good and do not trust his 100% rating on Ebay. Also, be very careful as he will lure you away from Ebay by offering to reduce the price.
I believe this is how he maintains his 100% rating. I am in the process of filing a lawsuit against his company for false advertising and misleading consumers. My lawyers says we can file two separate lawsuits and he will need to defend himself in both states. Between both lawsuits I will be able to recover about $5000.00 in small claims court.
In order to fix these cracks I will need to refinish and repaint the car as there is no other way to fix and just paint these panels. Experts say the color will never match. Estimates are about $8000.00-$10,000.00 for a quality two stage paint. Dee comes off as a cool cat and he will return your calls, however, do not trust this classic car dealer at OC Properties or The Garage II in Visalia, California.
He will change his tune once documents are signed and money is transferred.
Once the sale is complete you will see his real personality come through.I hope this helps someone to avoid this misleading classic car dealer.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 1967 Chevy Nova
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Thor Hurracaine 2016 in August 2015. So much is wrong with it .The furnace still does not work right. The bedroom closets are leaking, but would..."
- "NEVER BUY A FOREST RIVER PRODUCT!!! We purchased a new FR Rockwood 5th wheel in July 2015 it is now April 2016 and our unit has been in the dealer warranty..."
- "First I must say that out dealer in Akron, General RV, has been considerate and helpful . As far as the Mirada by Coachman of Forest River Inc. goes, it..."
- "Horrible return Policy and customer service. I apparently made my purchase 3 and 4 days before their holiday return policy started. Honestly I was unaware of it in the first..."
- "I love Keebler E.L. Fudge cookies. But this time I open it up and to my sad surprise a few cookies did not even have fudge in between the cookies..."
- "I was helped by one of your associates @ Visalia store. It was going well until he decided to help other customers as he was in middle of helping..."
- "On 14th November 2016 Elite Phones and Computers collected my Samsung Galaxy note 8 64g tablet by UPS. I was assured that they would be able to replace the motherboard..."
- "Do not buy from this company. I bought items on Oct 11th for my daughters birthday and I still have not received them.I have sent numerous emails and all I..."
- "120$ Wasted on a dress that looks nothing like site dress very poorly imitated. If we had more money and time they wouldn't be worn. I will never order from..."