Oak Park Apartments SCAM

2 of 2 Oak Park Apartments reviews

Spend your $2,000./month rent, OR MORE... somewhere else!

At first it was nice... then they literally STEAL YOUR MONEY cloaked in a rental agreement.

No wonder they only have a 2.5 star RATING, SAD!

( I'VE LISTED BELOW; nicer, quieter, less expensive living places .)

Here were MY grievances with their rental agreement AND with the office staff:

1. They ADD 2-3 days on to the end of every year of your contract.

Thus giving THEM an additional $55. daily fee when you leave, or when you terminate the contract.

( Mine: moved in on April 4th, they added 7 more days to my contract. An additional $413. dollars stealing my deposit monies. )

(I TRIED many times to rectify this issue with 3 different ladies that work there. They kept stonewalling me back to Diana... NOT GREAT MANAGEMENT/STAFF MEMBERS – THAT’S MY OPINION THOUGH!)

2. They RAISE THE RENT FEE’S anywhere from $150 to $300 month every year!

THAT ALONE SHOULD MAKE YOU RUN and look at any one of the other WONDERFUL properties I listed below!

3. They charge $50 a month for each dog, PLUS a $500. deposit,

IF that’s a deciding factor for you.

4. They charged me ADDITIONAL cleaning fee’s which by CA State Law are Illegal.

CALIFORNIA LAW CIVIL CODE - #214 specifically states and allows the landlord to use a tenant’s security deposit for only four purposes. #3 - For repair of damages, OTHER THAN NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR, They CANNOT charge for NORMAL WEAR and TEAR to living spaces; I.E. repainting, filling nail holes, cleaning carpet – ITS ILLEGAL. That's considered normal wear and tear !

EXAMPLE OF REFUND POLICY - Page 55

CA. TENANT/LANDLORD RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES GUIDE - http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/landlordbook/catenant.pdf

5. The staff, a pretentious woman ( MY OPINION! ) named Diana literally LIED TO MY FACE on numerous occasions about important issues regarding my move out and rental agreement.

A. I asked her IF I should clean the carpet before the inspection. Her reply: “No, were going to replace it with linoleum anyway!” (which they have been doing for ALL THE UNITS for over a year. ) THEN they charged 'cleaning the carpet' against my deposit because it was dirty; NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR for 2 years! DUHHHHH!

B. Again, she lied when I asked to fill out a form for inspection TO BE WITH HER during the inspection. She hesitated on numerous dates I asked her to do the inspection. She did the inspection WITHOUT ME and then charged me for all these painting and cleaning fee’s.

( FYI, I OWN a cleaning company too, I would have made the unit SPOTLESS if I knew I could have saved that money $975. deposit. It may not be much money but nice to have at

move-out RIGHT?

6. Oh, and all the REPLIES for each comment below are from a person/ replied who never actually lives there on/near the property, a corporate crony!

HERE ARE SOME NICER, less expensive living spaces;

= The Lexington Agoura Hills - (818) 877-4728

30856 Agoura Rd, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

= Malibu Canyon Apartments - (818) 877-4739

5758 Las Virgenes Rd, Calabasas, CA 91302

On Malibu Canyon Rd. - 5 miles down street from the beach!

= Country Oaks in Oak Park is ALSO owned by these same CHARLATANS!

FACT - Many people I became friends with HAD TO move out because they could no longer afford to pay the higher rent increases; one older woman lived there for 10 years on VA disability, whom I loved, HAD TO LIVE in her car for 6 months because she couldn’t afford the HIGH RENT they wanted to charge her.

FACT – another young married couple just starting out had to leave after one year because they wanted to increase their rent almost $300. DOLLARS A MONTH!

FACT – one my neighbors; a couple with a 3 year old, had to move to the same owners apartment complex across the street because it was $80 a month cheaper. The management WOULD NOT LOWER this couples rent to stay in their unit even though they were going to get the same amount when they couple moved across the street. SHAMEFUL!

This type of GREEDY behavior from a corporate company is disgusting and irreprehensible to individuals whom love and support the community... THEY JUST DONT CARE, It’s all about another DOLLAR!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 2 Oak Park Apartments reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Oak Park Apartments.
Filing a new complaint about
×