NuVela21 under eye cream completely ineffective

1 of 1 NuVela21 reviews

Does it work? The short answer is no, not at all in my case (I must be the 1 in 10 it didn't work for ;^). Despite my misgivings about 'miracle creams', I was willing to be a guinea pig and test Nuvela21 out, fully accepting that it might be too good to be true and a waste of money. I'm posting this review to counter the saturation advertising Nuvela21 puts out, so others can make a more informed choice in regards to this expensive product.

Nuvela21 supposedly has highly effective, quality ingredients such as retinol, green tea and retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), although whether that's true and in what concentration is impossible to verify. Nuvela21 claims on the product label that it is:

1. "clinically proven and dermatologically tested to diminish the appearance of wrinkles, dark circles and bags that form under the eyes"

2. "decrease dark circles by up to 78.5%" (80% is stated on the nuvela21 website, but what's a few percent between friends?)

3. "increase firmness & (diminish bags) up to 65% in less than one month" (70% is stated on website - again, charity must begin in the home webpage)

4. 9 out of 10 (or 90%) people tested had significant and noticeable improvement in all of these symptoms

Nuvela21 contains no scent or perfume which was one thing in its favour, as I'm allergic to perfumes. The packaging is modest to say the least; not that I'm into expensive, wasteful packaging, but these kinds of eye creams in tiny bottles often come in fairly elaborate dispensers and boxes; Nuvela21 didn't spend much on this aspect. This is potentially good news; Nuvela21 must spend less on packaging so they can spend more on product quality right? ...if only.

It completely failed to reduce dark circles, puffiness and fine wrinkles around my eyes after 48 days of twice daily application (as per the poorly printed, micro fine label instructions) which involves gently tapping in the cream under the eyes for about five minutes. There was simply no detectable improvement at all; if anything, the puffiness might have got slightly worse, but at least it didn't give me a rash.

There's no underlying reason this cream wouldn't work for me as I am in my early 40's, healthy weight, never smoked, vegetarian, drink plenty of filtered water, take no medications, meditate and exercise almost every day, and most people believe I'm around 30 based on my general skin condition. However, I started to develop puffy, dark circles under my eyes about five years ago and it got to the point where I thought I'd investigate ways to reduce or even reverse these symptoms despite being dubious of the many ridiculous claims made by the many skin cream companies around and their worthless money back guarantees. Tell tale signs that I was taking a big risk buying Nuvela21's "Best Eye Cream" include:

• Nuvela21's claim that their product is clinically proven and results in a pronounced reduction of dark circles, puffiness and wrinkles in 90% of people tested WITH ZERO INDEPENDANT EVIDENCE/STUDIES REFERENCED TO SUPPORT THIS STATEMENT

• unconvincing testimonials/pictures (I never trust site testimonials as every company has too big an incentive to, at best, only select the most favourable genuine testimonials, and at worst, make them up along with photo-shopping pictures. Nuvela21's before and after pics look particularly unconvincing and the written testimonials don't ring true either)

• a prominent picture of a goofy looking person in a white lab coat pretending to be a doctor I assume

• postage much higher than actual cost

• a draconian return policy which effectively prevents or makes returns impractical at best

• extensive searches for independent reviews revealed only Nuvela21 links, nonsense links, and a couple of sites which looked and sounded more like bought and paid for advertorials/commercials offering only glowing hyperbole and zero genuine evidence or independent experienced based feedback (several were just the Nuvela21 site with different URL)

• the old, 'buy lots and get one or two free' trick (which I definitely didn't fall for)

• don't even bother to offer a flimsy guarantee despite claims of clinically proven results (* I tried it knowing there was no money back guarantee and hence haven't attempted to get a refund)

• poor customer service that disregards or ignores queries; a common complaint of scam companies, especially after you've paid.

My conclusion: based on the ONLY genuine evidence I could find (ie my own experience), this has all the hallmarks of yet another wonder eye/skin cream scam. Further confirmation that price in this market seems to have little to do with efficacy and much more to do with profits. Hope this review helps many others make a more informed choice.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
1 of 1 NuVela21 reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 07, 2015 #1004527

DOES NOT WORK!

stillnow

Jun 07, 2013 #661851

My review is definitely genuine and based on my real life experience of this expensive, bogus product. I'll happily submit to any honest challenge to the facts I've stated.

As for the accusation that I'm the competition; it would be hilarious if it wasn't so desperate and pathetic. It only further confirms for me this is a scam company.

BethnalGreen

Jun 07, 2013 #661774

Why would someone who's been successfully using a product for over 10 years be even looking for reviews on that product?

And why would the same person leave a paranoid comment on a review accusing the reviewer of being the "competition"?

Sounds like a bought and paid for comment methinks. ,)

Linda Cohen

Jun 06, 2013 #661025

It's sad when the competition has to results to these tactics. Nuvela21 is super effective and I have been a loyal consumer for over 10 years.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about NuVela21.
Filing a new complaint about
×