On Saturday April 15th 2017 we were informed by ship Captain that we have to stay in Bahamas cause bad weather so we won't be going to Great Stirrup Cay (which by the way was our main attraction, well it was first bummer).Captain also had mentioned he will announce any changes to the schedule if the weather become better.

This was the only and the last announcement we have ever heard on the ship so according to our cruise tickets as well as ncl.com schedule the ship suppose to leave Bahamas Sunday April 15th at 5pm. On Sunday morning on our way out of the ship we stopped at the security checkpoint to show ID's and no person told us that we have to be back on the ship by 4pm or even earlier. Since the best part of our trip was canceled we have decided to go and swim with dolphins at Atlantis, we simply wanted to take advantage of last day of vacation instead of sitting on the ship. By 4pm we've waited outside the Atlantis Hotel for a cab and even paid them for a whole car to get to the ship instead of waiting for other people to join.

We simply wanted to be back on the ship on time. At 4:35pm we have arrived to the docks just to be shocked that our ship is gone and we are stranded in very dangerous foreign country (our shock and the whole situation was still recorded on our go pro so you can clearly see we were not intoxicated at all as a matter of fact we haven't even had one beer on Paradise island). We were taken to Bahamas port office by your agent who had our passports brought out from the ship before it left, of course that's all we got from her, no car keys, no luggage and what's more important our critical prescription medications was missing to. At the office we were explained that we have to buy our own flight tickets back home as well as take care of other expenses along the way.

We couldn't believe what we were hearing at this point... Without further explanation we were told we have to rush to the airport on the other side of the island since there's only one last flight to Miami scheduled for 7pm so we went out and got a cab. Still in extreme shock we forgot to turn our gopro off … At this point we thought our vacations couldn't get any worse... WRONG!

…still couple miles away from the airport our crazy cab driver did not yield on roundabout and hit another car! (camera still rolling) We had some bruises but we didn't want to call ambulance or the police cause we knew that very soon we have only one last flight back to US. After landing in Miami we've booked hotel and by 7am next morning we were by Norwegian Sky entrance point at Port of Miami. In front of main security door we were informed that we won't be allowed back on the ship to get our stuff back and it'll be collected for us and brought it out.

After another one and half hour waiting outside the door in yesterday's clothing we finally received our luggage back (this situation was also thankfully recorded). We've also won $456.62 on Sky casino and had vouchers in our luggage. We asked how we can get our own money back and the lady simply said it'll be honored when we call ncl support. So here we are after worst vacation ever, distressed in deep anxiety after a car accident not to mentioned unplanned extra expenses.

The biggest question is: is it possible that captain's announcement about ship leaving earlier was made and we were already out of the cruise ship? Yes it is possible. Is it possible that announcement was made when we were under shower at the exact moment and didn't hear a thing? Yes it is possible.

The bottom line is we did not know about the ship leaving at 4pm instead 5pm. Neither me or my wife new about it and again whole day and previous day we were completely sober.

We particularly blame security person who checked our ID's on our way of the ship and never mentioned anything at all.Lack of training or laziness one of two or both we guess.

2.8
Quality of Accommodation
Cleanliness
Additional Fees
Quality of Food
Number of Destinations
Facilities and Services
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss left behind / $3000
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Norwegian Cruiseline?

Submit review

Comments

Your responsibility, not theirs.