Northwood Manufacturing - Poor quality paint or paint process
I was very excited to purchase a 2013 Arctic Fox 32A last October, but the condition of the trailer at delivery was disappointing. The beautiful woodwork was chipped and scratched throughout the trailer, lack of support under kitchen floor, all the wiring for the tank
heaters hanging from an open junction box underneath unconnected, DVD and tank level monitors not working, latches missing on cabinets, and other things to numerous to mention.
The dealer I bought it from went out if business over the winter, sometime after I had left it there for 3 weeks to get things fixed. When I picked it up only the DVD and the missing latches were fixed.
In spite of the poor quality control, my main issue is the pathetic paint job on the frame of this $56,000 trailer. We only use it one time during the winter where it went through any snow, and a few months later the entire frame is covered in rust. Their service manager Dave Mann simply says its from road salts and "chemicals" and refuses to do anything about it. While nothing will protect a surface from salt indefinitely, there are plenty of products that won't
disintegrate in a few months from a little road salt. They proudly call this a four season trailer, and they should use a quality paint that provides some level of protection. There's no way to just touch it up, it's covered with heavy rust all over and I have to redo the whole frame at my own expense after having it 6 months. They wasted my
time getting an estimate, but flatly refuse to help at all. I think they will pay to fix the interior flaws, but the paint should be taken care of also.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Derust And Paint
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Paid the money up front as requested. Got the engine 3 days past time promised. Engine in horrible shape pics show broken parts and plastic pieces in cylinder heads. SW..."
- "Will not make good or return any calls concerning $ 3080.00 worth of Chroming that is defective. Also has taken additional parts, approx. $ 300.00 from me, no response. Promised several..."
- "Return policy has a restocking fee. I'm out of $17.25 It's the priciple that I'm upset about. Don't sell a product calling it a chip for $75, when in reality..."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."
- "I placed an order for a LIMITED edition T-shirt in Oct 2016 and received nothing so far (3 months passed). I tried the "Order Tracking" via the "Email us" on..."
- "The alt-katolische Spitalkirche is one of the oldest Christian churches in Baden-Baden. It was first mentioned on the Spital legal instruments on March 1351. It was not far from the..."
- "Read reviews in the photos provided...."
- "the color is running in 7 different places from the top of the TV to the middle..."
- "Bought this sectional in 2010 told it would wear as good as or better than leather. Every part of the sectional has flaking except one panel we had..."