Northwood Manufacturing - Poor quality paint or paint process
I was very excited to purchase a 2013 Arctic Fox 32A last October, but the condition of the trailer at delivery was disappointing. The beautiful woodwork was chipped and scratched throughout the trailer, lack of support under kitchen floor, all the wiring for the tank
heaters hanging from an open junction box underneath unconnected, DVD and tank level monitors not working, latches missing on cabinets, and other things to numerous to mention.
The dealer I bought it from went out if business over the winter, sometime after I had left it there for 3 weeks to get things fixed. When I picked it up only the DVD and the missing latches were fixed.
In spite of the poor quality control, my main issue is the pathetic paint job on the frame of this $56,000 trailer. We only use it one time during the winter where it went through any snow, and a few months later the entire frame is covered in rust. Their service manager Dave Mann simply says its from road salts and "chemicals" and refuses to do anything about it. While nothing will protect a surface from salt indefinitely, there are plenty of products that won't
disintegrate in a few months from a little road salt. They proudly call this a four season trailer, and they should use a quality paint that provides some level of protection. There's no way to just touch it up, it's covered with heavy rust all over and I have to redo the whole frame at my own expense after having it 6 months. They wasted my
time getting an estimate, but flatly refuse to help at all. I think they will pay to fix the interior flaws, but the paint should be taken care of also.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Derust And Paint
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a so called Custom Bagger Kit from Bag Boyz Customs !!! I wondered why they didn't have more pics of finished products on their website, but was assured..."
- "My Steel Werner attic ladder, model S2210 broke while I was 6' up throwing me to the concrete floor. The web shows multiple instances of this ladder breaking exactly..."
- "I have permed my 2016 Northwood Artic Fox 5th Wheel (Model 27 5 L) for three weeks. The trailer has been in the shop 3 times for repairs so far,..."
- "I ordered yarn off amazon it specifically says packa of three on their ad more then once and they emailed me saying it was Amazon who messed up which is..."
- "Emerald Integrations – Buyer Beware When I made my purchase from their website for a Tundra review camera integrated into the handle, it read OEM handle. Upon receiving the unit,..."
- "I received four different shipments on December 28, 29, 30, and 31, with a total of 11 out of 12 ordered charms. I used the website contact page to..."
- "No, she's not a thief; she is just the opposite. She's the best. Her picture was nothing like her: she is ten times more beautiful in person. Her face, her..."
- "My daughter calls me tonight stating that UDS delivered a package to our home, "between the 2 doors" on, I believe, 11/30/16. I look between the 2 doors and of..."
- "I was notified that I had won the Birds & Blooms Great Backyard Giveaway contest. I was in formed that I had won (one) HOLIDAY BELL™ with Hummingbird Wind Catcher..."