Northwood Manufacturing - Poor quality paint or paint process
I was very excited to purchase a 2013 Arctic Fox 32A last October, but the condition of the trailer at delivery was disappointing. The beautiful woodwork was chipped and scratched throughout the trailer, lack of support under kitchen floor, all the wiring for the tank
heaters hanging from an open junction box underneath unconnected, DVD and tank level monitors not working, latches missing on cabinets, and other things to numerous to mention.
The dealer I bought it from went out if business over the winter, sometime after I had left it there for 3 weeks to get things fixed. When I picked it up only the DVD and the missing latches were fixed.
In spite of the poor quality control, my main issue is the pathetic paint job on the frame of this $56,000 trailer. We only use it one time during the winter where it went through any snow, and a few months later the entire frame is covered in rust. Their service manager Dave Mann simply says its from road salts and "chemicals" and refuses to do anything about it. While nothing will protect a surface from salt indefinitely, there are plenty of products that won't
disintegrate in a few months from a little road salt. They proudly call this a four season trailer, and they should use a quality paint that provides some level of protection. There's no way to just touch it up, it's covered with heavy rust all over and I have to redo the whole frame at my own expense after having it 6 months. They wasted my
time getting an estimate, but flatly refuse to help at all. I think they will pay to fix the interior flaws, but the paint should be taken care of also.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Derust And Paint
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I installed a set of four Pulstar plugs on my Saturn VUE. After a few months of improved gas mileage my vehicle began having momentary bouts of lost power. After..."
- "My Steel Werner attic ladder, model S2210 broke while I was 6' up throwing me to the concrete floor. The web shows multiple instances of this ladder breaking exactly..."
- "Purchased a DuraFlex Fiberglass Body Kit for 2003 Toyota Corolla on March 19, 2015. It was delivered on March 27, 2015. My initial inspection was that the box..."
- "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "...I took him to a petsmart so I didn't expect anything great, however I got home and noticed blood on his ear this lady cut part of his ear!..."
- "Thank You Pissed Consumer for the reviews, both positive and negative. I was about to try the free samples of Vitamin D and Fish Oil vitamins from Purity Products,..."
- "I called them last Friday July 15 to fix a leakage in the basement of one of our units. They gave me a quote $1,000 - $1,500. I found a..."
- "This is a total scam!!!! Beware.... Be warned!!! After booking 2 tickets across the country the second we enter all the credit card info and hit book, the date have..."