Northwood Manufacturing - Artic Fox 990 Truck camper Roof failure
I bought a Artic Fox 990 truck camper March4, 2015.While on a trip to Florida and Alabama this summer my roof delaminated.
I noticed a few bubbles in a couple places forming. I continued to moniter them as I traveled. The on August 2nd, my wife said she heard what sounded like something flapping. I pulled over and climbed on the roof and the whole section above our bed had hat loose and there were now bubble along the back forming.
It did not tear or come out from any of the edging but had streched from driving and the heat. It never did leak anywhere just came loose. I had it checked at an RV repair place in Alabama and was told this is not uncommon in the south for rubber roofs but coud not fix it for 3 weeks. I called Northwood and talked to Justin in warrenty and he told me it was 4 months out of warrenty it was failure by me to maintain.
Then said I was on my own. He did add that if I could bring it to Oregon he would take a look at it. I did not spend $30,000.00 on a campt to let it go to ***. Little over a year old how much maintenance does it need.
I did check my roof on the trip every day before I put my slide out in to make sure nothing was on top. I bought a tarp, rope, gorilla tape and a bungie cord spider web to proteck the roof for the drive back to Colorado. It is a good camper but the roof was poorly installed and the customer service from Northwood was way below exceptable. Now I am stuck with the repair costs for something that is clearly a manufacture defect.
I felt I was buying a good product and did not need to buy extra years of warrenty.
I was wrong twice.SHould not have gotten a Northwood product and I should have got extra warrenty.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Product defective
- Service manager justin unwilling to help
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Subaru seems to randomly cover or not cover engines in the STi model that break piston ringlands. I had to get quite hostile to finally get reimbursed for my..."
- "Bought a new 2014, wildcat within 6 months the front fiberglass Cap begin to oxidize from the top to the bottom. Contacted Forest River in Dallas, Oregon and talked with..."
- "I spent hours on the phone with three salesmen, two so-called sales managers (or was one a so-called customer service specialist) was told "We will get back to you in..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "I can't return men items. I'm a very good customer for at least ten years. I pay every month on time. I've NEVER returned anything. Please make an exception. You..."
- "Our storage unit was broken into in October 2016 - the thief was caught in plain sight by my wife, as the thief was bringing stolen possession out of the..."
- "Went to the Ocala Florida branch for Meatball Magnifico.Got served what looked like a hamburger..."
- "Bought two of the hurricane 360 spin mops. Used them about 3 times daily. The one in the center had the spin shaft in the center bore a..."
- "This year we decided to order Publix ready made thanksgiving dinner. We were totally disappointed and we're glad we didn't have guest, it was the worst meal we have..."