Northwood Manufacturing - Artic Fox 990 Truck camper Roof failure
I bought a Artic Fox 990 truck camper March4, 2015.While on a trip to Florida and Alabama this summer my roof delaminated.
I noticed a few bubbles in a couple places forming. I continued to moniter them as I traveled. The on August 2nd, my wife said she heard what sounded like something flapping. I pulled over and climbed on the roof and the whole section above our bed had hat loose and there were now bubble along the back forming.
It did not tear or come out from any of the edging but had streched from driving and the heat. It never did leak anywhere just came loose. I had it checked at an RV repair place in Alabama and was told this is not uncommon in the south for rubber roofs but coud not fix it for 3 weeks. I called Northwood and talked to Justin in warrenty and he told me it was 4 months out of warrenty it was failure by me to maintain.
Then said I was on my own. He did add that if I could bring it to Oregon he would take a look at it. I did not spend $30,000.00 on a campt to let it go to ***. Little over a year old how much maintenance does it need.
I did check my roof on the trip every day before I put my slide out in to make sure nothing was on top. I bought a tarp, rope, gorilla tape and a bungie cord spider web to proteck the roof for the drive back to Colorado. It is a good camper but the roof was poorly installed and the customer service from Northwood was way below exceptable. Now I am stuck with the repair costs for something that is clearly a manufacture defect.
I felt I was buying a good product and did not need to buy extra years of warrenty.
I was wrong twice.SHould not have gotten a Northwood product and I should have got extra warrenty.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Product defective
- Service manager justin unwilling to help
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My husband couldnt recall the accident being he was knocked unconcoius,he was sighted neg 2 police stated he fell asleep.I knew this was wrong I heard the snap.After sideswiping a..."
- "We bought a2008 Raptor toy hauler in 2011 which had been out of storage on several occasions for on a week @a time---The unit looked BRAND NEW---BEAUTIFUL. Found slight..."
- "I purchased a 2015 Arctic Fox camper new, I complained to the factory early after my purchase about the shower floor not being level with the floor, I was told..."
- "This year we decided to order Publix ready made thanksgiving dinner. We were totally disappointed and we're glad we didn't have guest, it was the worst meal we have..."
- "Bought two of the hurricane 360 spin mops. Used them about 3 times daily. The one in the center had the spin shaft in the center bore a..."
- "Ashley furniture - never again , the worse furniture and experience ever . We got today the delivery from Ashley Winnipeg of furniture which costed 5000 dollars. My family and..."
- " We arrived at the Red Roof Inn Sharonville Ohio we checked in and took showers As We Lay Down we noticed there were two roaches crawling on the wall..."
- "FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS HFC HSBC HAVE BEEN TELLING ME THAT I DONT HAVE HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE . I CONTACTED THEM BY PHONE AND SENT THEM THE REQUIRED INFORMATION AND..."