Northwood Manufacturing - 990 shower not level
Update added by user Feb 23
So far all I have received is lip service, I have talked to Ward King COO, Matt Turley service manager (worthless waste of time) Doug Carr will not return calls, I have talked to everyone of these folks 5-6 times over the last 6 months with no resolution I was told they are not going to fix this issue
I have an actual email from Matt Turley to the dealer I took the unit to stating " do nothing"
So before you buy do the shower test with the camper level, pour water / antifreeze in shower, do the test, mine needed more than 1/2 gallon before it even got to the drain NOT ACCEPTABLE and extremely dangerous with this much soapy shower water left on the shower floor
This makes their warrenty totally worthless, they sure put on a good show on how great they are as you will see all smoke and mirrors
I wish I had never purchased an Arctic Fox
Original review posted by user Dec 17, 2015
I purchased a 2015 Arctic Fox camper new, I complained to the factory early after my purchase about the shower floor not being level with the floor, I was told at that time it's not a big problem just an adjustment?? wrong, now that I'm near the end of my warranty I'm being told it can't be fixed its a non issue and minor inconvenience
After using the shower it leaves almost 3/4 of an inch of water in the shower on one end, away from the drain, this is a major design flaw and dangerous when entering shower after its used.
Northwood has know about this for many years and has chose to ignore it.
They are still using this same shower in the 2016 with the same problem I have checked new 2015-2016 they ALL have this design flaw
If you are thinking about buying a 990 be hesitant
I believe it's time for a class action suit
More Review Details
What I liked
- Durable unit
- Great truck camper
What I disliked
- Quality of trailer and workmanship
- Lack of business etiquette
- Reason of review:
- Design/safety issue
- Preferred solution:
- When this issue is corrected I want my full purchase price applied to the purchase of a new unit that is safe and designed right so the shower water drains
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2015 Northwood Arctic Fox 990 Truck Camper
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My husband couldnt recall the accident being he was knocked unconcoius,he was sighted neg 2 police stated he fell asleep.I knew this was wrong I heard the snap.After sideswiping a..."
- "NEVER BUY A FOREST RIVER PRODUCT!!! We purchased a new FR Rockwood 5th wheel in July 2015 it is now April 2016 and our unit has been in the dealer warranty..."
- "Do not buy from Cactus Jacks in Mesa, Az. I bought a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix and didn't even get it home before the problems started. I had..."
- "Walgreens (1/22/16) My issue with Walgreens isn't complicated. On 1/16/16, I got a prescription of Tamsulosin filled at the Enumclaw, WA, Walgreens. I picked up the Tamsulosin at..."
- "Hi everyone, On Black Friday at Sports Authority I purchased a $50 World Tech Toys Striker Quad copter and so far it works beautifully with zero flight problems. All four rotor..."
- "Raining outside and raining inside my 2014 Palm Harbor Park Model. "Oh, you're out of warranty, but here's a $100 so you will go away." At the end of the..."
- " We arrived at the Red Roof Inn Sharonville Ohio we checked in and took showers As We Lay Down we noticed there were two roaches crawling on the wall..."
- "I always had a dream to buy one of the Lexus RX350 Model i bought this SUV used from Lexus dealership Hartford Connecticut and is one of the worst dealership..."
- "I found this on the internet, hoping it is easy to use. I wanted a working cheat for Cooking Fever. Then it asks for username and amount of coins and..."