248 views
Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Aug 07, 2022

My wife and I moved into this Norris manufactured home in 2006. I was suffering heath wise and was just anxious to get in after completion.

I made the mistake of signing the certificate if occupancy without have a qualified person or even myself check everything over with a fine tooth comb. Two things immediately jumped out that needed attention and we made them correct them asap. One was one of two return air vents was not even attached to the wall behind the vent grill. It was found lying on the crawlspace floor.

Called the Neal Carter who sold us this thing to come out. He happened to find two inch and a half wood screws and nailed, yes nailed with a hammer, the vent to the crawlspace opening. Then my wife was going to use the dryer. However, it wouldn't work.

Had to call an electrician. They didn't connect the crossover underneath the house. Dryer didn't have vent to outside hooked up. We found something wrong every day.

All the doors to the rooms have excessive clearance from the bottoms to the floor. Handles and latches poorly installed. Some doors wouldn't latch without moving striker plates up or down. Front door wall is out of square and in the winter it sticks and very difficult to latch or unlatch.

Numerous sheetrock nails have popped out due to improperly nailed and covered with drywall mud. Light fixtures in both bathrooms hung crooked. Ceiling fan in master bedroom wobbles so badly that we can't run it on any speed but low. HVAC too small for square footage.

Ductwork to master closet and guestroom crimped closed because module was placed down on top of them. Master bathroom tub fixtures loose and one handle hits the wall almost preventing it from shutting off. Poorest quality materials and poorest construction you can imagine. Unfortunately health, age and finances prevent doing much about it.

Lots of luck getting anyone to get resolution if you buy one of these things. I would advise you to buy from anyone but these people.

User's recommendation: Do NOT do business with these people!

Preferred solution: Apology.

Location: Hendersonville, North Carolina

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Brissa Wob

Has everything been resolved?

Guest
reply icon Replying to comment of Brissa Wob

I wish I would have seen your review before I bought, Very poor workmanship. Kitchen molding falling off, Draw tracks falling off.

So much more. We are fixing stuff but unfortunately we don't have the money to do everything. This home was not worth what we paid for it. Found out the roof is not going to last.

If we have 2 years that is alot. We over paid but unfortunately we wanted a different home and they told us it was going to come in and told us to sell our house then I was told it wasn't coming in so the only one was a clayton Norris. We didn't even see it until after it was put together, So many things are wrong with this house.

Wish we could have back out of deal but we had no place to go. Don't buy a Clayton Norris

Norris Homes Reviews