Privacy and Data Security

The CEO came of CNBC and touted his creation as an equal investment to Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media sites. What nonsense!

The reviews all reflect a consistent theme. Unequal treatment, biased, inconsistent Guideline enforcement, profiling based on race, age, politics, and interpretation of policies. My posts were deleted because they led to discussions, but when a handful complained, and I mean less than 6 (who organized their complaints), it disappeared. When pit bull lovers defended the dangerous animals and others disagreed, the anti-pit bull folks were suspended for being "hateful".

One Nextdoor moderator in S. F. wrote me that I need to consider how my words might be perceived, not the actual words, but the feelings they may invoke. Nextdoor promotes itself as a place to meet and interact with neighbors.

It is a place of shaming, bullying, suspensions/banning, and suppression of logic. It is a place where very young people show overt disrespect and lecture members on their liberal agenda. In short, it is a waste of your time and a threat to your safety. I received death threats.

When I posted it, Nextdoor removed it claiming it was merely "a dispute between neighbors". In fact, it read "You are a $#*!ing moron. I'm going to blow your $#*!ing brains out and do the world a favor.

You won't see me coming." And by their policy, everyone has my real name and address. Bad Idea!

Product or Service Mentioned: Nextdoor Website.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Nextdoor Cons: Dangerous with personal information displayed.

Comments

What they said 1000%

Funsizecatdad

I agree as I have run into the same thing with Nextdoor. They were and still are not being fair with me regarding pit bull dangers in my neighborhood...

they side with pb advocates by banning me (a detractor) from the system, ironically citing that I am being discriminatory, bullying, etc. It's a familiar tactic. That I am a long time homeowner in good standing in my community and was advocating for safety has no weight in their policy. They won't even talk about it.

I'm so frustrated I've voiced that my only option is to sell my home and move, which they are apparently fine with. Something really wrong is going on here.

Said what I need to say about Nextdoor.