I went over to the shop on Tuesday and spent a good 20-25 mins with Justin going over the various repairs. He said that he would do what he could to keep the time down and that because the front part of the engine area needed to be broken down, the Flat Rate Estimate Manual/Book estimate per repair item would be less for there were multiple things being done in the same area of the vehicle, i.e. there would be overlap. I took him at his word.
Then I got a very bad feeling after speaking with Arlyn after the repairs were completed Friday morning. Each of the three engine area repairs were estimated/billed as though they were done individually. This is not right and unethical as far as I am concerned. There must be a real time accounting for these three repairs done at the same time, timing belt(TEN HOURS), leaking steering rack seal (FIVE HOURS) and power steering line(FIVE HOURS) and in the same area. I've included the individual estimated time in parenthesis in the prior sentence. There were two hours charged for the brake work. That is a total of 22 hours of labor charged on the collective repairs. I didn't give the go ahead for the repairs until mid-morning Wednesday and Justin finished the car before lunch on Friday. That is two full-time days or 16 hours assuming he worked on my car the entire time and he was there the entire time. Keep in mind I wrote Arlyn at 5:35PM Tuesday evening that "Please give me a call in the morning when you get in. I'd like to discuss cost with you a little and the possibility of a volume discount for the large amount of work." He called me Wednesday morning and said that he would check with Justin on time required for each repair. It seems just from this analysis that I was charged at least 8 hours more for the work than the real calendar would allow(no discounts).
I understand that Arlyn is trying to maximize profit for your company. He always seems so busy and glosses over important details. I did not expect to be taken advantage of by a service consultant for any reason and I firmly believe that you do not support these business practices yourself. When a customer comes in for service, it is not an opportunity to bill as much as possible. I was told that he is notorious for over charging people and being profit motivated yesterday (too late).
In the end I spoke with the obnoxious and bullying General Manager, Mr. Tony D'Amato, this morning who said Arlyn is his best guy and I can go pound sand. He also said their hourly rates are a bargain compared to the BMW shop ($150 v. $178 per hour). They are scumbags at NB Lexus and hold onto your wallets. BUYER BEWARE!
In response to D'Amato reply:
Here is what D'Amato said to me on the phone yesterday-Oct 3, 2016. He left this out of his reply.
"There you go again."
"Why did you go talk to Justin the mechanic anyway" Because I was asked.
"You gave us a bad Yelp review."
"You have a history of not being happy with your service."
"I don't know why you came back here."
"I wouldn't have given you any discounts."
In his reply: "At this point through an exchange of emails and telephone calls, you and Arlyn agreed to go forward with the repairs mentioned above and the repair work began."
I never emailed Arlyn a response to begin work on the car. Let me stop you right there. Don't make stuff up.
In closing, how did Justin work 22 hours in two days??? D'Amato can't answer it.
We'll let others decide and his defense is very weak. If only he could admit they are crooks.
How does he sleep at night?
In short, D'Amato is dishonest. He didn't check with Justin. Justin said access would be easy for two of repairs/the time would be much less and I never authorized all that time. D'Amato is one sided and completely full of it. Even the cashier said that was a tremendous amount of money.
I had to contact his corporate office and Newport Lexus yesterday afternoon after his repeated and harassing phone calls. I also had to fax his Corporate office twice this morning. Decide for yourself. He's a bully.
How did Justin work 22 hours in two days??? He didn't. These are the same people that stated some mechanics work faster than others and you pay the book estimate even if the time spent on the repairs is 2-3 times lower. BUYER BEWARE!
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Abuse and price gouging
You May Also Like
- "Bought a new 2014, wildcat within 6 months the front fiberglass Cap begin to oxidize from the top to the bottom. Contacted Forest River in Dallas, Oregon and talked with..."
- "I'm seriously considering a lawsuit against ORV for FALSE advertising. If you own an ORV or Northwood trailer that has problems, please contact me, the more owners we have, the..."
- "Nothing like the thrill of buying a new 2015 Coachman Mirada 35 LSF 1f66f5dy6foao4474, What a rotten experience we have been through' It all started with Collier RV in Rockford'..."
- "do not order from this company. the photos look nice and the item is bad quality. it took over a month to recieve the item that looks nothing like the..."
- "I am the former employee of the company The Hydration Room. I quitted this job, because I wasn’t happy how the boss treated us and behaved. He didn’t care about..."
- "I applied for a job advertised on monster.com. I get an email reply from a recruiter. The recruiter tells me to call back on the number in the email (receptionist)..."
- "I requested a quote, which they gave but were really pushy over the phone. I sent off my PS4 to have the fan fixed. Hardly heard a thing from them..."
- "Total scam the kit does not cost $39.95 like is advertised (I attached picture) you are billed $123.84 for the kit. In 3 payments of $39.95..Then if you don't cancel..."
- "Hi, My Order was Declined but it was already paid! I ordered an item from lazada which is "ZJ - 5802LD Mini Portable Android Bluetooth 2.0 58mm Thermal Receipt Printer..."