I went over to the shop on Tuesday and spent a good 20-25 mins with Justin going over the various repairs. He said that he would do what he could to keep the time down and that because the front part of the engine area needed to be broken down, the Flat Rate Estimate Manual/Book estimate per repair item would be less for there were multiple things being done in the same area of the vehicle, i.e. there would be overlap. I took him at his word.
Then I got a very bad feeling after speaking with Arlyn after the repairs were completed Friday morning. Each of the three engine area repairs were estimated/billed as though they were done individually. This is not right and unethical as far as I am concerned. There must be a real time accounting for these three repairs done at the same time, timing belt(TEN HOURS), leaking steering rack seal (FIVE HOURS) and power steering line(FIVE HOURS) and in the same area. I've included the individual estimated time in parenthesis in the prior sentence. There were two hours charged for the brake work. That is a total of 22 hours of labor charged on the collective repairs. I didn't give the go ahead for the repairs until mid-morning Wednesday and Justin finished the car before lunch on Friday. That is two full-time days or 16 hours assuming he worked on my car the entire time and he was there the entire time. Keep in mind I wrote Arlyn at 5:35PM Tuesday evening that "Please give me a call in the morning when you get in. I'd like to discuss cost with you a little and the possibility of a volume discount for the large amount of work." He called me Wednesday morning and said that he would check with Justin on time required for each repair. It seems just from this analysis that I was charged at least 8 hours more for the work than the real calendar would allow(no discounts).
I understand that Arlyn is trying to maximize profit for your company. He always seems so busy and glosses over important details. I did not expect to be taken advantage of by a service consultant for any reason and I firmly believe that you do not support these business practices yourself. When a customer comes in for service, it is not an opportunity to bill as much as possible. I was told that he is notorious for over charging people and being profit motivated yesterday (too late).
In the end I spoke with the obnoxious and bullying General Manager, Mr. Tony D'Amato, this morning who said Arlyn is his best guy and I can go pound sand. He also said their hourly rates are a bargain compared to the BMW shop ($150 v. $178 per hour). They are scumbags at NB Lexus and hold onto your wallets. BUYER BEWARE!
In response to D'Amato reply:
Here is what D'Amato said to me on the phone yesterday-Oct 3, 2016. He left this out of his reply.
"There you go again."
"Why did you go talk to Justin the mechanic anyway" Because I was asked.
"You gave us a bad Yelp review."
"You have a history of not being happy with your service."
"I don't know why you came back here."
"I wouldn't have given you any discounts."
In his reply: "At this point through an exchange of emails and telephone calls, you and Arlyn agreed to go forward with the repairs mentioned above and the repair work began."
I never emailed Arlyn a response to begin work on the car. Let me stop you right there. Don't make stuff up.
In closing, how did Justin work 22 hours in two days??? D'Amato can't answer it.
We'll let others decide and his defense is very weak. If only he could admit they are crooks.
How does he sleep at night?
In short, D'Amato is dishonest. He didn't check with Justin. Justin said access would be easy for two of repairs/the time would be much less and I never authorized all that time. D'Amato is one sided and completely full of it. Even the cashier said that was a tremendous amount of money.
I had to contact his corporate office and Newport Lexus yesterday afternoon after his repeated and harassing phone calls. I also had to fax his Corporate office twice this morning. Decide for yourself. He's a bully.
How did Justin work 22 hours in two days??? He didn't. These are the same people that stated some mechanics work faster than others and you pay the book estimate even if the time spent on the repairs is 2-3 times lower. BUYER BEWARE!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Abuse and price gouging
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "There are many complaints about the brown gel coat on the front cap of these campers. It is my understanding that they did not put a UV protectant in..."
- "Further to my prior complaint/review, after obtaining judgement against Mr John Bruce trading as UK Plant services of Worcestershire [Wadborough / Pershore], they have now AT LAST contacted me. BUT NOT..."
- "Yes the 990 is a wet bath and you should not need to pump out the water left in the shower after using, this is unsanitary and unsafe it should..."
- "Sofa and chair are both less than five years old. When we purchased our La-Z-Boy, we were told it was 100% real leather. I do not see a real quality..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "I'm a great fun of Tommy Hilfiger products, however, this SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN Sweater i bought right before new year come with the cheapest quality, just after wearing it for..."
- "I applied for a job advertised on monster.com. I get an email reply from a recruiter. The recruiter tells me to call back on the number in the email (receptionist)..."
- "I was assured by Ken in chat that a size 8 would fit my measurements. In the U.S. I wear 2-4. The dress came quickly but is huge...."
- "Wow. Working in an extremely professional high end sales environment, i could not believe my recent REDFIN experience. Mike Demello responded promptly to my inquiry about a property,..."