New York Jets Fan Shop - Shop at your own peril
Purchase from these douche bags at your own peril.
My tale begins with trying to order a Curtis Martin jersey for a Xmas present at the beginning of December. This jersey was available right on their website … or so I was led to believe.
Within 2 days of the purchase the money was withdrawn from my account. Four days after that and not hearing anything I tried to contact newyorkjetsfanshop.com and find out what was going on. There is no phone number so I emailed them and got no response. Two days later I emailed them again and this time included the outfit that handles their transactions.
The next day I received an email with their apology but no mention of when the item might ship. The email address they used is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is where the fun begins. I continued to email them on a daily basis trying to get their broken English to answer a question. When will it ship? When will I get a tracking number? I continued to get apologies and how they were having to “manufacture” this jersey that is supposedly available on their website.
A week had now passed and I finally got a response with another apology and an answer. “Your order will ship in 6-8 days.” TWENTY DAYS later, nothing. Now we are at the weekend before Christmas.
Another round of emails and beatsbydre tells me I will get the tracking number in 24 hours. A WEEK LATER, nothing.
We are now past at December 27th and I requested they cancel my order and issue a refund as stated on their website. You want to see response time?
They continued with their empty apologies to which I recited the history of their unkempt promises. They next tried to bribe me with:
“How about you keep the order, we will offer you one earphone as gift.”
To which I responded if these were “BeatsByDre” they would have stated that and not “one earphone” and restated I wanted my refund.
When bribery didn’t work beatsbydre said they couldn’t issue a refund because this was a custom order. Right, a custom order for a jersey directly available on the website.
Next beatsbydre wanted to charge me a 10% purchasing charge. Who has ever heard of a “purchasing charge”? I flat out refused. Their response:
“We have been charged by the third party, If refunding, the payment channel will charge 10% of the total payment. Hope you can understand.”
Obviously this latest negotiation was rejected and I continued to press them to honor their refund policy as stated on their website.
On December 30 I received an email stating the order has shipped. Based on the history of this transaction I had my doubts about the validity of even this statement. I had requested a full refund for a week now and they tell me my order had shipped without providing a tracking number.
On January 2 I received an email from the transaction coordinator that a refund had been issued. However it will take 10-15 days to receive.
You have been warned!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I ordered my dress and it came a few days before expected. I was super excited but when i opened the package my heart broke into pieces. The picture was..."
- " I ordered a dress as a test, (because I wanted to see what kind dress you could get for $13.81) on Aug 5th, because my girlfriend said that she..."
- "I placed an order on November 6, 2014 for three items, the quality being extremely poor all three. However, what was gut-wrenching was that I purchased a dress which..."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "Surprise by hubby purchased me my 1st real life like doll was a huge disappointment & cost way to much-Abby Rose, described as real like, blue eyed baby-has purple eyes,..."
- "Purchased these green beans a day ago. I don't know what is in it but it is nasty. I would like to be contacted about this. I don't know if..."