Cincinnati, Ohio

At my studio we have an ADT/Tyco alarm system.It’s a new building and a new system so I can understand why Tyco sells such a primitive interface?

It is hard to understand and hard to use.

The iPhone has been out since 2007 and it is 7 years later and ADT/Tyco have an interface that would make the early 90s proud.It looks like a hold over from UNIX.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, words more.

Review about: Alarm System.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with New Tao Production?

Comments

Mass alarm installations in multifamily residential sites are always going to be the lowest tier rotgut cheap product from any manufacturer.

Security systems are pretty much the lowest tier on the totem pole when it comes to how much money is budgeted for them and how much the builder actually cares about it.

If you want a first class security system with an LCD touchscreen keypad, wireless FOB, etc.then be prepared to fork over at least a thousand dollars for parts and several hundred more for labor.

A good quality panel can run you $500.

And if you don't want to tear walls out or do attic crawls to wire the windows and doors, you'll have to use wireless contacts and wireless transceivers which are $30-50 a piece.One of those fancy LCD touchscreen keypads is another few hundred dollars and the FOBs to remotely arm/disarm the system are probably another $50 a piece.