La Vergne, Tennessee
3.8K views 78 comments

Beware..this school is all about the money. I called to ask about the school, the person on the phone (Bob) would not tell me anything, all he cared about was sending the sales guy to my house. I should have known better.

So the sales guy comes over the same day (not toooo desperate). He turned out to be ok. Not the high pressure sales I was expecting. So I enrolled and went to see financial aid. The girl (Jenna) was nice. She told me I had to meet with a Mr. Lima. This is were it gets fun. This guy should be a used car salesman. All he wanted to know was when I would pay my balance. I asked him to show me the school but he said he was to busy. He just didn't give a Sh*t. This should have been a warning.

I called the guy who came to my house and he was cool so I decided to go along with it.

I started school and it was cool to. I got Mr. C, a good teacher. Than the used car salesman comes into tthe class room and says we all have to give him 3 refrences. Next thing I know this piesce of *** is calling up my refrences to come to school. 1 day he called three times. So I went to see this LIAR about this and asks me to pay the balance of m loan. It wasn't even due. I couldn't believe it. So I told him I wanted to drop out. He didn't care about that but sad I had to pay the balance. So I stayed Just so I wouldn,t lose my money.

When I started driving, There was more time standing and doing nothing than anything else. They don,t care about this. I saw Mr. C but he said there wasn't much he could do. He told me to speak with the LIAR again. Forget it.

I also saw the big shot, I think he is the directoer yelling at a student one day in the cafetoria. This girl was asking for something and he yells I DON,T GIVE A FU*K ABOUT WHAT YOU NEED. Lucky that was her and not me, because he wouldn't diss me like that.

If you are thinking about this school what ever you do STAY AWAY from the the guy Mr. Lima. Don't believe the sales guy. He was nice but lied about how great the school is.

This experience was like buying a used car.

Review about: Cdl License.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with New England Tractor Trailer Training School?

Comments

My Husband went to NETTS in R.I I was pretty proud and content with his decision finished the program and he still not gotten his license, he still attends the say they are going to help him to get his license and nothing happens he arrives there after a 45 min drive or probably more and they don't put him on a truck I feel that the people already that had paid and are paying the load they need to give him a little more of a priority and have extra people to work with them.

Pawtucket NETTTS STUDENT
Providence, Rhode Island, United States #795185

I am a student at their Pawtucket RI location and I have to say I am loving it and learning a lot.You get what you put into it.

I have met 90% of the staff & seen the owner of NETTTS and every body is chill. The teachers are willing to help you passed their hours. I am in the 540 hour program and I am not half fasting it with the 160 hours. More training the better.

THEY DO NOT FORCE YOU TO LEAVE! There are a few students that have had problems in the driving test and they let them stay as long as they need in order to pass.

Not every student is well "smart" but they can't learn and grow if they are sitting at home or working for $8 a hour. Not all students have a record to be proud of for driving, but its their job to make it better and find a job that will take them.

NETTTS trains you and helps you find a job. Its up to YOU to close the deal. They guide you to jobs but can't hold your hand in a interview.

People who don't pay attention when being recruited and dont ask the right questions will have the bad time.

Be prepared when you see them and ask questions.

I love what I am doing and I have no problem tell a friend he should contact NETTTS.The 540 program you get 10 weeks in the yard.

JakeseA

I just graduated from NETTTS and from what I've seen and learned while I was there is the people with a negative response are the ones who are uptight and cry if they don't get their way.Like come now it's actually a great school and if you were referring to Bob Casey (guy from the commercial) your just being ***.

He was the coolest guy of all and helped you whenever needed! This is the world of trucking bad language, *** talk, and hard work. So if your a little *** sissy boy find another profession.

As for my recommendation if you like doing what has to be done and doing what's better for yourself goto NETTTS they'll prepare mentally, driving wise, and knowledge wise.I feel you all are free to voice your opinion but if your going to be a slacker in school and expect to be kept up with everyone else who's doing what they're supposed to be doing you have another thing coming not only in school but in life.

Diesel35
Danbury, Connecticut, United States #751905

Let me put it like this, if someone ever came up to me and said " I am interested in NETTS" I would honestly punch them in the face.Not only do they lie and mislead you, you can't even get into the classroom before they want to know when your balance is being paid.

The salesrep whoever the *** he was came to my house and I asked if the MGI bill would be accepted at their school, he told me yes absolutely so I paid him the 100$ deposit and show up to the class. The head honcho in bridgeport proceeds to tell me they don't accept the MGI bill for that class because it is too short, so I said ok I want the 8 week Class A program. He told me they wouldn't accept that class either and that I needed to go to the 22 week class for 10,000$ They are a rip off and a joke, I ended up finding a small school that charged me 1200 for a Class A and had a *** of a lot more driving time than I would of had going to their 22 week program.

NETTS is a joke and all about money, they will lie to you to get your money, they act like they care but the only thing they care about is how deep your pockets are.STAY AWAY FROM NETTS IN BRIDGEPORT!!!!!!

atiba
to Diesel35 Hartford, Connecticut, United States #752687

what school did you find that was smaller and charged 1200? because i was thinking of going to nettts

to Diesel35 #1093815

What school did u end up going and how much u pay plz let me kw

billy in holy
Blackstone, Massachusetts, United States #724582

I went here and had a problem with the classes.The instructor sucked.

All we did was watch the same movie over and over. I went to complain to this Lima guy and he was useless. So I called the guy who came to my house, the only guy in this place who I could talk to and he told me to go talk to Craig the director. The guy is never there.

It took me over a week to finally see this guy. When I saw him he looked f'd up like he was high or drunk or in a coma.

The school seems good, but once you start it's all down hill.For $10,295 I expected a lot more.

happy trucker
Waterbury, Connecticut, United States #651180

I just recently passed my test on the 1st try in Bridgeport!While I think that students should spend more time on the field than in the classroom, I learned what I needed to in order to pass the test.

I was a weekday student but switched to the weekend, because the treatment was better. I didnt really have any major issues with the weekday supervisors, but was treated much better on weekends. The weekend supervisor, John, spent more time with students on the field helping us than any other instructor there! He personally helped me prepare for the test, helping me gain confidence before the test.

Hes the easiest guy to get along with. I hope he has his own school one day!

I dont know what some of u are complaining about. did u sleep in class? did u refuse to do what was asked of you?

If you pay to go to a school you should learn, not stand around or stay home! half the students in my class came when they wanted to and then couldnt figure out why they failed the test 2-3 times.

If you are committed to this, you will do fine.GO BRIDGEPORT!

We were treated bad By this Jo
Pawtucket, Rhode Island, United States #650152

After going thru this place, my boyfriend decided to find another school.The guy at the house was fine and finance people were ok to.

When we finally met Joe Lima, OMG it was bad. This guy tried to make my boyfriend feel like a loser because he needed a career. This guy is a typical car salesman.

He never listened and was soo o rude to us that we decided to look for another school.I refuse to be treated rudely by a place I'm giving my money to.m

Norm
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States #629764

What a horrible experience. I called and spoke to a guy named Charles. Completely incompetent and a rreal creepy guy too. He would not tell me anything over the phone. He said he had to send a guy to my house because that is the procedure and that it had to be that same night. I told him I wanted to know about tuition and financial aid. He said the guy at the house would do that. Than he says after you see him come to the school and meet me. Why?

The who came to my house was there to sign me up and ask for $25. He would not tell me anything about Financial aid because I had to go the the school. That's what I called for in the first place.

I drove almost an hour to go to this place only to be told I don't qualify for finanacial aid. I than had to meet this Joe lima guy everybody taks about here. It's all true. They tells me that because I can't get financial aid, I have to pay him $5,000 in four payments. I told him I ouldn't do it and he says I want to help you so go get a loan. He was in a hurry to leave I guess because he just walked out and left me there.

A total waste of my time.