Nest Labs - Nest - Nest Aware Subscription
The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is that they only offer 2 cloud storage option subscriptions to store your history with their Nest Aware offering. Don't get me wrong you get some great features for it but those prices are also a bit high for cloud storage especially if you have multiple cameras. T
Currently as of 10/24/2016:
1) 10 day - $100 per year per camera with a $50 discount for each additional camera
So for me - that would be $300 / year - to store 10 days of history for 5 of my cameras. That I spent $1000 on.
OR - They also have:
2) 30 day - $300 per year / camera with a discount $50 discount per camera ($250 per year)
This is ridiculous for home consumers who want simple home security. I used this for home security, if nothing happens on that day - it can be overwritten the next day for all I care. Nest - please make an option for home security for owners to choose how much storage they want or offer and entry level package to store 1 or 2 days storage at a reasonable price.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Subscription costs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "In 2000, we installed Kwikset harware throughout our new home. Twelve years later, the finish on all hardware on all exterior doors that had direct exposure to the sun..."
- "Bought the complete system thru Costco QT548 plus 6 QM6006B cameras. DVR works great but cameras need to be reset every time that you start up the system or else..."
- "They fraudulently sign up people for 5-year service without clearly explaining the contract. Their service is lousy. They don't respond when the alarm is triggered. They get very arrogant, and..."
- "I woke up this morning to find my truck like this the manager from Rent A Wheel decided to come by my house late at night and remove the valve..."
- "I purchased tickets online and I was unable to return the tickets 1 hour before the show started. The website had an error and it did not allow me to..."
- "Well I took my shih tzu in for his haircut came back to get him wasn't great but didn't care I took him to a petsmart so I didn't expect..."
- "I ordered a replacement hitch for my GMC Sierra. The hitch arrived with the shipping box torn, re-taped and the hitch scratched up. After several emails they weren't going to..."
- "Update... About 4 hours after I sent an email expressing my disgust to the company AND after leaving this posting, I received a call from the vendor (Sam - Samantha)..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."