Verified Reviewer

Update by user Feb 18, 2022

Navitus refuses to approve my request for Linzess

Original review posted by user Feb 17, 2022

This year, the Univ. of California, my medical care provider, contracted w/Navitus to be my pharmacy provider, w/the insurance carrier, Anthem Blue Cross, who has been my insurance provider for years.

This year, the triumvirate decided that Linzess, which I've had through Anthem for years, is no longer on the formulary & Navitus declined to pay for it, demanding that I use a substitute which has many possible side effects, including rectal bleeding. I decline to be a guinea pig & risk the possible side effects of the new drug.

I am very sensitive to medication & I am extremely upset that I should be forced to try a problematic drug rather than the known quantity, Linzess, that works for me. Obviously the powers that be are concerned about cost; profits are more important than patients!

User's recommendation: Beware of Navitus.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Navitus Pros: Mail order delivery, Easy to contact customer service.

Location: Los Angeles, California

Comments

My doctor has contacted Navitus twice & relayed my concerns to them including my sensitivity to medications & my usage of Linzess without negative side effects. I know that other patients who have used Linzess for years were also refused approval by Navitus.

Their concern is for profits, not patients.

The insurance company, Anthem Blue Cross which apparently pays the cost of the medication is not willing to include this medication in its formulary, although last year, when the pharmacy was Anthem's own, my requests for medication were always honored when pre-authorized. Apparently, Anthem Blue Cross is also concerned more about profits than patients, although I'm not sure if its Navitus or Anthem who is the miser in this case, maybe both.

Navitus Reviews