Nationwide Insurance - The Smart Ride is a ridiculous gimmic with ZERO Benefit

19 of 173 Nationwide Insurance reviews

I participated in the Smart Ride program for the second time.And for the 2nd time, even though I was told I earned a discount - the latest 21% - my insurance premiums went UP!

I fell for the 1st time being told rates went up state wide. But here I am being told the same thing again when I ask why I received such an increase when I was expecting a discount!? So my rates would've went up even more if I hadn't earned my Smart Ride discount?? So ridiculous.

Don't even waste your time doing it. It's clearly for their data collection purposes only. To go through this twice.

Have rates increased on an accident-free policy of proven safe drivers is a terrible business trick.Do not fall for it.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Unfulfilled promises smartride

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Nationwide Smartride Program
Review category
Insurance
review #881449

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Nationwide Insurance? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
19 of 173 Nationwide Insurance reviews

Jul 24, 2016 #1189418

No tricks here. Insurance rates are going through the roof. Population increases, more cars on the road than ever before, cars are more expensive than they have ever been, more road construction than ever before and more lawsuits than ever before. Auto insurance is becoming difficult to profit from. Insurance companies are scrambling to keep up with the losses. Data tracking is helping them differentiate the bad drivers from the good and who is more likely to wreck in the future. Your agent is telling you the truth and you'll find the exact same trend with every company. It's an industry problem not a company problem.

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.