2.0
Interest Rate

Paid off account July 27, 2018 and I received the fax from the Bank and pay off date and they charged my account until August 20 for interest. I sent $90,703.87 to them for the pay off when the pay off was only $89,805.50.

They only refunded me the sum of $497.49. I asked where did the rest of my money go and they told me they kept it for interest until Aug. 20, 2018.

I have a print out of pay off date and it wasn't August 20 but July 27. They refused to refund the rest of my money and told me that the interest was till August 31...don't understand that because it was paid off July 27, 2018.

Product or Service Mentioned: Nationstar Mortgage Fixed Rate Mortgage.

Reason of review: Did not refund money because of early pay off..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Fraudulent predatory company.

I didn't like: Deceptive practices.

Comments

They ruined my credit because we had a set closing date and I informed them twice to note the account the date of the closing and I would not be paying that months payment. The sent info to the credit bureaus saying I was late when the account was paid off and my score dropped 100 points.

I called and complained but got now where so I filed a dispute with all the credit bureaus. All in all I would never use this company again.

Sorry for what they put you thru. Jim

Do yourself a favor and email John Crudele at the Sunday New York Post (take a look at his column from April 8, 2018). He has helped a couple of us with this company when no one else was able to!