1.1K views

Once you get into the teen divisions, it gets ugly. The girls form groups and will ostracize anyone they view as serious competition.

Some of the biggest offenders are the ones whose platform is on anti bullying. They are a treacherous bunch. Seems like the ones who win are the ones who invest the most money using the services of Their sponsors. They talk a good game but this is a money making machine who has strayed away from their initial mission.

The more they expand the more watered down their mission and reputation becomes. Some contestants lie about their credentials (I know someone who did) which are never verified. Just like reality TV shows “The bigger the sob story, the better your chance of winning.

Save your money! Invest in your daughters education.

Product or Service Mentioned: National American Miss Beauty Pageant.

Comments

I participated in the NAM Iowa teen pageant last year and I thought all of the contestants were very nice. You have to understand that it can be stressful and they might not be reaching out to you because they are thinking about the next competition.

Everyone there is in the same boat as you. I'd like to clarify that I did not win. I do not think its a scam I had a lot of fun, met new people, got to wear a dress and feel good about myself, and I did learn some life skills. It's also a great way to meet good role models and people with similar interests than you.

Also, the girls competing are not a representation of the organization and I have a hard time believing that any of the directors or staff were mean. I can't speak for anyone else experience but when I did the pageant the girls were all very nice and supporting. Before competitions, we would talk about how nervous we were and reassure each other that it would be fine and that everyone was gonna do great. After I finished my personal introduction another contestant who I had known for less than a day gave me a hug and told me how great mine was.

I guess I just want to say that if you enter a pageant don't complain about it because you did not win. ONLY ONE PERSON CAN WIN. When girls win it's not because they spent the most money its because they put the time and effort into themselves and their skills. It's like playing sports or if you're a farm kid who shows animals at the fair...

just because you lose the game are you gonna say it was a waste of time and money?

Hopefully you would say wow that sucks maybe I should practice harder so next time I can win. If you are the person who would blame the refs and say the other team cheated maybe you shouldn't be entering a competition based on personality.

To some extent this is true, but it is true for all pageant systems. Don’t let the whole sisterhood thing fool you.

The girls make a few friends, but the cliques are formed when the girls are little. It’s all subjective, but in the end NAM is a business and in it to make money like all businesses.