So this was my daughter's first time trying this and it will be the last! We worked very hard with her to prepare for this, attended every workshop, practiced at home all of it.

The only thing we didn't do was participate in optionals because we were made to believe that they are judged by optional competitions because they have their own awards. But in our experience ONE SINGLE GIRL won every optional contest and was crowned state queen. Mind you, every optional costed $175 to enter and there were about 10 of those. You can't tell me this isn't about how much money you have.

My child walked out as soon as the 'other' girls were directed off stage and I can't say I blame her.

Now I'm not upset because she didn't place I'm upset because this showed her that it's not about how pretty you or your dress is, or what your personality is. It was all about $$$ .

Product or Service Mentioned: National American Miss Beauty Pageant.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

My grand daughter is going back for the 3rd time. It is not always about the money or being # 1 in everything.

I understand the practice. In the past 2 times my grand daughter has participated, the second time, the little girl that won queen of the Princess division did not win anything else !!!! My grand daughter won 1st place in Talent, Miss Personality, Outstanding Participation Award, 1st Runner up Miss Spirit Award and placed in top 10 but not the top 5!. She was ok with it, she had fun, met new friends.

Learned more for the next time, which is this week, has built her self confidence, and public speaking skills. Please try to take away the positive parts of being there and leave the negative behind !

Just checking whether I should let my grand daughter participate. the answer is - "No"!