Napa Auto Parts - Front bearing seals only rated for dust exclusion

61 of 128 Napa Auto Parts reviews

I replaced the front wheel bearings in by 1976 Coachmen motor home last fall. All parts including bearings, races and seals were purchased from NAPA. 5000 miles later everything I replaced is junk. When I pulled the bearing cap off, water came out and all the grease was washed away. I took the bearings and seal back to NAPA thinking I did something wrong looking for replacement parts. When the I looked at the new seals I noticed there were made from leather rather than the rubber bearing seals I'm used to seeing. I didn't notice that when I installed them the first time. So, I questioned this and was told "due to the age of the vehicle, this is all that's available". Thinking that this didn't sound right, I did some internet searching and found a Timken with a molded rubber seal rather than the leather. This is the interesting part. I looked at NAPA's website and they list their seal as being "dust exclusion" only. WHY WOULD THEY SELL A SEAL FOR AN AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATION THAT IS NOT WATER EXCLUSION???

Needless to say, I find this very discouraging. Not only did they tell be that a part didn't exist, they're are selling parts that are unsafe.

Orielly's had the correct seals along with all the business I used to give NAPA

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Cheap inferior parts

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Bearing Seal
Review category
Equipment
review #644226

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Napa Auto Parts? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
61 of 128 Napa Auto Parts reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Napa Auto Parts.
Filing a new complaint about
×