343 E 82nd St #102, Chaska, MN 55318, USA
5.7K views
Featured Not resolved

I was in Walmart today and had once again walked by the MyPillow display in the main isle-way. I know that My pillow had been stripped of their BBB A+ rating due to the numerous complaints received yet clear as day, the boxes still clearly display the BBB A+ rating on the packaging.

I snapped a few photos as proof. Note BBB A+ logo on right side of packages.

Once again for this complaint entry, I must enter at least one hundred words for it to be valid enough so this is just extra wording to try to satisfy the java script word counter. Ah I now have enough words to satisfy the word counter in order to submit my complaint.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mypillow Advertisement.

Reason of review: Accuracy in Advertising.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

MyPillow Cons: Questionable advertizing practice.

Comments

garbage absolute garbage. the people at the factory told me it was all my fault because I did not know how to adjust the pillow.

They also lost their A+ rating due to deceptive advertising and the Sleep Foundation was bought out to get that rating

The place is Not a good place to work. Just read past employee reviews.

The company is deceiving. I worked there for years myself.

Trying to decide whether to buy a couple of these pillows or not. There's a lot of pro and con's

One thing bothers me about Mr.

Pillow. On his commercials, he wears a dress shirt, and hanging out of the

shirt at the top button is a "Cross"

I suppose that's to assure people he's a religious and honest person ??

I and many of my male friends wear crosses and NONE would let the cross hang out about six inches at the top.

We thinks it's to influence potential good faith buyers.

We think it's cheap Con-man tactic. We'll keep shopping.

@ironmancanada1992

Interesting. I see in the Walmart photos I took, even on those boxes, his cross is clearly visible outside his shirt.

I think one can safely assume that it is intentional.

Many previous complains had to do with customer service and trying to get refunds. Has anybody had to deal directly with the company to make a return?

@ironmancanada1992

I thought the same. Carnival barker stuff.

When I first used My Pillow I thought it was going to be great.

I started waking up often during the night to fluff up the pillow because my head was in ***

Went back to my old pillow.

Don't waste your money, people!

@Jane DeBondt

Were you able to return it for a refund?

First of all, I'm an employee at MyPillow. Mike is a great man who really truly cares about his employees AND customers.

As far as the BBB rating on the packaging, use your brain. The boxes and packages that are in the stores have been there for quite a while.

It takes time to get new packaging made and for the old stuff to die out. Nothing happens overnight.

@Chelsey

Just place a sticker on the box to cover up the certification. Pretty simple.

#1352033
@Anonymous

Exactly my thought also. Maybe a sticker that says "...recommended by the NSF, which was created by the My Pillow company and only endorses My Pillow products". Two birds with one stone.

#1352039
@Anonymous

Appreciate the enlightenment.

@Chelsey

Why did they loose the BBB A+ rating?

@Chelsey

Just bought one king my pillow, on Friday...it is going back to the store on Monday due to neck pain caused by it .

@Chelsey

Thanks for your comments.You would think that people would know this especially at Walmart which is a warehouse.They have to sell through or send back.I bought my first two on QVC and loved them.I have bought two more for my motor home.Glad to hear that the company is also a good place to work.

@Chelsey

This is for the employee of My Pillow... Mike may be nice to you.

But his product ( Pillow) are not what he claims. They do go flat eventually. Within 2 years both of mine were flat and I had to practically fold it over for it to have any support. It’s poor quality.

I honestly would never give this Pillow anything other than a poor rating. Mike needs to go back to his drawing board and rethink his pillow contents and how to make the pillow last!

It’s sad. I really liked the pillow until it started going flat.

@Chelsey

You make packaging everyday when you make the pillows. How hard can it be to replace the advertising packet.??

That's just ridiculous what you have said, especially working on a product in a manufacturing facility. Listen in my business if something needs to be changed at store level, you better believe it's on the next truck out before the product, that's called good faith business practice and from what i see and read there is none here. Just my opinion being in this industry for 30 plus years. I would never decieve my potential customer base let alone my brick n morter stores that drive my sales base.

Exactly why you see these reviews, deception.. Not the best business practice these days, and exactly why the internet can hurt a business hard in a day with reviews, be honest and reputable and i see neither here!!!