21.5K views
3.6
Style and Design

Bought a My Pillow for myself. I loved it and bought another for my husband.

It cost $50.00 at my local Walmart. I washed and dried it as recommended and am very displeased. My neck aches are back. I slept on my husband's unwashed pillow and no problems.

Wondered if this is a problem anyone else has encountered? Still loved my original before washing.

I want a new one but do not see any promotion codes on the website and prices are conflicting. Thanks for any opinions.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mypillow Pillow.

Reason of review: My pillow did not retain it's original condition after laundering as recommended and advertised. Loved it before but very uncomfortable after..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

MyPillow Pros: Comfort until laundering.

MyPillow Cons: Very uncomfortable after laundering as recomended.

Comments

When you wash them, it takes FOREVER to get the chemical smell. Also drying it takes hours!!!!

I have to dry it 4-5 high heat 69 minutes each and it is still damp.

Love the pillow but the smell after washing is BAD and the dry time is ridiculous. I thought it was my dryer at first so took it to a laundromat in a large dryer and it still wouldn’t dry it.

Same problem as others. I bought two pillows from MyPillow brand.

I have washed one as directed and it now has a chemical smell. It appears washing it releases something in the foam filling that causes this smell. What kind of material are they using in the pillow?

Now I can’t use it. I don’t want to wash the other one now because of this issue.

My pillow smelled after washing had to throw away but love it before bought another one but will not wash

SwiftPolecat

Yes! Same happened to me SteepWhen!

Pay attention to the commercials.....they’re not washable, they’re “warshable”!

SteepWren

I just tried washing one of My Pillows (One). In a front loading washer, cannot get to spin the pillow: removed pillow and rang out water - still will not spin in washer. Waste of time to wash.

CulturedGiraffe731
to SteepWren #1685089

I had the same problem.....had to wring out yhe pillow after washing...is retained too much water!

NondescriptPenguin

I had planned to wash my my pillow now I hesitate. Come on there must be others out there with same problem or is it just this person.

My husband and I got them for Christmas. I just washed and dried them last night and now they smell like bleach. Has this happened to anyone else?

#1620971

To date, I loved the MyPillow.... then we attempted to wash it.

The washer refused to spin the water out. I thought I would balance the load and add the 2nd one to no avail. Not sure if it is the pillow or the washer; however, the washer ran fine with normal laundry loads.

My washer is a front load Whirlpool and other than the issues with the pillows, it runs fine. Anyone else have similar issues?

to Kevin #1627052

Hi, had the same problem with my pillow, water wouldn't spin out , tried my front load washer tried to get as much water out as possible, then took it to the laundry mat and ended up throwing my pillow out, feeling pissed , went to Target and bought a new pillow.

GaseousNewfoundland
to Kevin #1664431

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I had the same problem, Thought my top loader was gonna lose it's basket!!!!!!!!!.

There is nothing on the care label that says "balance" with another pillow or towels. I had to search online to find out about that. It took a day and a half to dry, some dryer, some just sit out. AND, once completely dry?

It's not as supportive as before washing. WTF!!!!!!!.

I'm gonna call and ask for my money back!!!!!!!! Bought it in 2012, before Lindell was a multi-millionaire.

Mine is not the same after W&D , it’s lumpy, hard to find a comfy stop to get settle into.but once you do it’s wonderful

Mine is giving me a headache after washing and drying due to a chemical odor. Thought I was the only one until reading comments from others. Liked the pillow but will not wash if I get another one.

to Walt Brown #1642023

Same here

to Walt Brown #1658804

I had the same probkem. It took weeks for the odor to go away.

I won't wash again. Other than that, I really like the pillow.

Washed My Pillow several times. What is your problem people.

Washed and dried beautifully.

Had no problem. Had mine several years.

to Michele #1630706

THANK YOU. ALTHOUGH MIINE WAS FINE FOR A TIME, WHEN COLD WET WEATHER CAME IT WREAKED HAVOC ON MY NECK.

I HAD TO USE ONE THAT IS RATHER FLAT AT THIS TIME. I RECCOMEND "MY PILLOW" TO EVERYONE. AND IF I WASN'T ON A FIXED INCOME, I WOULD GET THE TOPPER.

ARTHRITIS HAS MADE A DEBACLE OUT OF GETTING OUT OF BED. THANK YOU FOR COMING FROM A PLACE OF HELPING.

I think My Pillows suck, my pillow is headed for the dumpster. What ever happened to the old fashion feather pillows.

Washed and dried as per instructions now I have a very bad chemical smell