1.8K views 58 comments

I have been getting my 5% Lidocaine patches, made by Qualitest; from Rite Aid Pharmacy for years. The other day I received my new supply of patches they were made by MYLAN. These patches are absolute junk!

They are made of this thin plastic film, which with my RA is so aggravating to separate/ As they are cut squares of plastic, there is no edge to grab, you need to try to separate them, which is hard to say the lest. Once you do separate, then you need to stick it to your body. If they had made it as a BAND-AID, they would stick great. But no, they curl, peal back at the corners and eventually fall off! I have to tape them on my body, sad. The plastic is so thin, it must have cost almost a penny a sheet. As I get thirty pads a month, a thirty day supply costs $375.00. I'm sure the Qualitest patches must have cost a nickel!

What greed, and the funny things is, it's still not enough for them!

Review about: Lidocaine Patch Prescription.

I didn't like: Quality of product, User friendliness.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Mylan?

Comments

Complain to FDA, MedWatch, 855.543.3784

Edjanice2
Auburndale, Florida, United States #1323654

I have had a very similar situation with this Mylan product and it has become a quality of life issue. My insurance company had also supplied qualitest patches before and I wish they had never switched.

Minden, Nevada, United States #1322566

I absolutely agree

#1320265

Those patches are a mess don't stay stuck on just peel off before you can get it on good

Grace
Buffalo, New York, United States #1317813

These patches are terrible.I agree the plastic does not stick, curls up and falls off.

The next time I need them I will make sure I get the Lidoderm product.I also purchased them at Rite aid.

La Place, Louisiana, United States #1313589

I just purchased my Mylan 5% lidocaine patches and am very, very disappointed.After 4 hour of wearing under a tight fitting undergarment to make sure the patches stay in place, to my dissapointment, they did not.

Brought at Rite Aid at a high cost and now experience have taught me that I have wasted must need money.

Will call and cancel remaining order.Cost too much for product to not preform.

to Anonymous La Place, Louisiana, United States #1313595

very disappointed by patche performance, Judy, paying $600 for a 90 day supply and it doen't work is no joke , does not stay in place after 4hr

jb

Let's ALL OF US REPORT THIS *** TO THE FDA. I did.

to jb La Place, Louisiana, United States #1313591

I certainly will report to FDA, cost too much to be a waste Judy

jb

Correct!MYLAN's Lidocaine patches suck for all the reasons you said.

I was using LIDODERM 5% from ENDO and they were fantastic! Now, they're not in the fomulary and cost prohibitive. This MYLAN patch is worthless. Also, the patch says 5% - But I don't believe it.

Even when I add tape to secure it that doesn't help my pain.I take more pills now and get three epidurals a year.