Verified Reviewer

Advanced Reviewer
1.3

Original review updated by user Jun 05, 2021

Murn Managemnt at Liberty Mill Apartments

I contacted the office by email on the 10th that I put my rent in the box at 3: 00 pm. The property manager replied by email that my checks are posted and on the ledger on March 11, 2021, for which I overpaid $23.50.

"10-Day Grace Period for Late Rents: Maryland law states that you cannot consider a rent payment late until after the 5th of the month. Montgomery County takes this requirement a step further under county law, you must allow your tenants to pay up until the 10th of the month. You cannot start the eviction process for failure to pay rent until the 11th of the month. You must include language explaining the 10-day grace period in all Montgomery County leases".

Murn Properties do not put the grace period for this information on the lease as required by the Montgomery County ordinance.

Silas Rivera sent me the ledger on March 16, 2021 stating that the check 1128 was allocated in the bank. And posted check 1128 and 1129 for the utilities on the ledger. I was left a credit of $23.50

In April 2021, a new assistant manager name Heather was hired, and she sent me a message that I didn't pay rent. I sent her a copy of my rent check 1131 that was processed by my bank that it was paid.

I know that Silas Rivera, the property manager, made her do that to retaliate against me because she is new. I couldn't blame her because she doesn't know the history of Murn properties' unprofessional ism and unethical practices.

On May 2021, I did not hear anything from the office however, some employees told me that Megan Pugh, Vice President is hiring a Regional Manager. Megan Pugh, Vice President of Murn Properties called my house on October 15th, 2021, threatening and coercing me on the phone, and I had to call the police to intervene and tell her to stop calling, or I will file a harassment complaint against her. The police called her to stop calling me, she is a bully and unprofessional.

June 2021, I see in the ledger that I owe March 2021 rent and utilities which they call rent in April 2021 because Silas Rivera, property manager maliciously withheld my check out of retaliation because he harass women of my race on this property.

After he sent an email and posted that I paid in March and said it was allocated in the Bank. He maliciously withheld it. Then April MURN properties falsely accused me out of retaliation because I filed a fair housing complaint against Murn Properties. There is a fair housing crises in Montgomery County especially against those who speak against housing injustice against low graded management companies.

They have nothing to do but harass residents if they pay more attention to the dog *** all over the floor.

And the trash and order in the hallways and homeless individuals coming in the building knocking on doors at night at tenants buildings, washing in the 1st floor bathrooms, throw up in the elevators at night, intoxicated individuals using the bathroom outside and the drug problems and clean the dog park (keeping non-residents out) so the resident's dogs can have a nice clean place to play. Just maybe I can write a good rating they beg to write all the time.

User's recommendation: Only thing I can say I like my apartment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Murn Management Pros: Apartment.

Murn Management Cons: Dog feces all over the property, Management act like bullies, Management are unprofessional.

Comments