Mr Plywood damaged my right D pillar in my car.
I apologize for not submitting this earlier, but my husband has been just diagnosed (at the beginning of May, 2011) with Melanoma, stage IV (most shocking since he did not have any symptoms, he is not a smoker and a vegetarian and very active lifestyle), which if a very advanced skin cancer, in multiple major organs, with a 6 mo-1 year poor prognosis. We are all in shock! I am taking care of him, I have to work, and coordinate the very limited medical care available to him.
I would like to be reimbursed for the $65.00 for the part, $7.00 for the spray paint and $ 25.25 for the mileage (153 miles). It would be good to get a face to face apology and reimbursement for the mileage, but I leave that to your discretion.
3-5-2011. Bought insulation from Mr. Plywood, in the value of almost $500.00, 7609 SE Stark, Portland, OR. Had to make 2 trips, since I have a station wagon.
1st trip"”My husband and the supervisor were in the back of the station wagon, on the left side. I was in the back, on the right side. Employees were loading the insulation and when the package did not slide in easily (part of the plastic wrapping was caught on the frame around the back door), the shoved the package in so hard that the "D" pillar, on the right side broke horizontally and 2 pieces flew all the way into the front seat.
I said that the car was damaged, but my husband, who was on the left side of the car, said not to worry that it has been like that for a while. He was speaking about some small nicks on the left "D" pillar, so the supervisor was satisfied with this comment. The supervisor did not come around to the right side of the vehicle, to see the damage.
When my husband saw the damage, after we came home, he said that he was speaking of the left side, not the right side. He said he didn't realize that the "D" pillar actually broke.
2nd trip"”I had to make a 2nd trip to pick up the rest of the insulation. When I informed the salesman about the problem, he went to inform the supervisor, who did not even want to come out of his office to speak with me, telling the salesman that my husband had said not to worry that it has been like that for a while. I explained that I was on the right side, and that is where the staff had damaged my car, but neither the salesman nor the supervisor did anything about it. The salesman gave me the owner's business card, so I can call him, since he would be in on the following Monday.
The salesman instructed the men to load my car "carefully", and when he came out to help them, I showed him the damage, but all he said is yes, that is too bad, but thank you anyway.
The following week, because I did not know the exact name for the part, I drove to Town and Country car dealership, in Milwaukie, Oregon, (20 miles round trip from my house).
Next days I spent on the internet searching for the part and calling several car parts businesses to find the "D", right side pillar.
3-19 and 26, 2011
Finally, I found a source"”Wildcat auto Wrecking, in Sandy, OR (56 mi round trip from my house). I called them and when they did not call back, I went to them on March 19, 2011"”they indeed had the part, but their parts puller was not there. Therefore, I went back the following Saturday (March 26, 2011, another 56 miles round trip) and bought the part (not green, but maroon, but at least it was the correct part). The part cost $65.00. My husband said this could be painted, to match the green color of the car.
We went to Napa auto parts and to O'rileys, but they did not have the green spray paint. Because of my husband's sudden and terminal illness, I still have not found the green spray paint.
I called the owner, Mr.Bret Brantner, who told me that he had 3 other witnesses that heard my husband say not to worry that it has been like that for a while. I explained to him that my husband and the supervisor were on the left side of the car and the damage was on the right side of the car, but all he did was repeat himself.
I asked him if he would be willing to reimburse me for the cost of the part, but again he repeated himself, so I hung up. To me, his attitude, tone of voice and words implied that I was not telling the truth; he did not even offer to see the damage.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Damaged Car
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I have a 2006 Chevy HHR LS and the interior door handle broke off yesterday. To replace this I was informed that you have to spend $300+ to buy the..."
- "OMG..,!!! Richie Bello and Vincent Naso owns Dealers Solutions, Brandon Harrison and HuntingtonHondaCars.com .., With more number of companies..,they scammed lot of businesses. Initially Brandon K Harrison and..."
- "i bought a Nissan Sunny 2013 i was driving on a very low speed and i wanted to brake the car but it didn't stop as it was supposed to do..."
- "SO, SO VERY UNHAPPY with MY ENGLANDER MATTRESS. . I only weigh 135 pounds and 1 1/2 years and $1700.00 later this mattress is sagging in the..."
- "Saia denied the claim because our employee didn't note damage on bill of lading. While we didn't note the issue, it is obvious that the material was damaged in route..."
- "Sooo unhappy, reserved ahead of time, went in 2 days in advance to make sure I had everything taken care of so that day of pick up would be..."
- "I too fell victim to this company. I saw a cute dress for $30 that would be perfect for my engagement photos! i paid to have the express shipping as..."
- "My daughter calls me tonight stating that UDS delivered a package to our home, "between the 2 doors" on, I believe, 11/30/16. I look between the 2 doors and of..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."