We had a factory sealed #10 size tin can sitting on a table with a slit cut into the top to be used as a "piggy bank" for my son (this was a "novelty" gift he received for saving money). There was $400 worth of bills in this sealed can. Previous to Moving Staffer's arrival, we walked by this can sitting on a table in our house many times a day & it was always intact. When we unpacked our boxes at our new house, we pulled this can out of a packing box and found that the slit at the top had been pried open and all the bills had been stolen.
The moving boxes were packed into the moving van along with our furniture very tightly and we had the key to the huge lock on the van door, so the can had to have been tampered with while being packed.
On the first day of packing, 3 men from Moving Staffers were there to pack. On the second day of packing, one of the men did not return and only 2 were at our home to pack.
I have filed a police report with the Broward County Sheriff's office.
They have tried to contact a quality control supervisor at Moving Staffers many times but Moving Staffers has thus far refused to return the police investigator's phone calls.
Moving Staffers has also told me personally that they will do nothing about the theft themselves.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Theft of money
- Reason of review:
- theft of $400
- Preferred solution:
- replace the money stolen
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Absolute nightmare. Due to a roof leak, nearly all of my belongings have been destroyed by black mold and mildew. Even if I had chosen the elective insurance..."
- "First of all, AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS! They mislead me on price, took forever, and DESTROYED multiple items. Namely, I HAD a nice solid wood TV stand that..."
- "We moved from Naples Fl to Port Saint Lucie. They came with too small a truck and crammed everything in. A LOT of damage to nice furniture. We are sick..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- "Ordered 4GB of extra RAM for my site hosted using Bluehost VPS plan. Credit card was charged immediately but the RAM never appeared on the machine after several reboots. Contacted..."
- "MEMPHIS TN SHELBY COUNTY...............Extended Arms Cleaning Contractor's ....Nancy Taylor it's a crime to online harass make FALSE claims call or in anyway directly or in directly try to contact myself..."