Hockessin, Delaware

HORRIFIC experience with movers hired through this site - Kauffman's Moving Services out of Wilmington.They were an hour late the first day - 3 hours into moving, head mover realized he had an infection on his leg and started feeling nauseous and was barely moving.

Related: Moving Help - Did not show up

He left the job early (we didn't want him there -he was useless & it looked like he had staff, which is contagious), had no back-up for us, which in turn, caused delay with our walk-through and move-out. They left about 4 hrs after they started with *most* things in the garage and the truck about 2/3 full. They arrived 2 hours late the next morn with additional helper. Head guy was packing the truck and the other two were loading things.

They tried to charge us for the 3rd guy!!! They said they had no more room for our 2 HDTVs (which we had reminded them about 4 times). When we insisted, they tossed the TVs toward the top of all of our boxes, where they were leaning (I have pics). We also had to donate a truckload of things that they "couldn't fit".

When we got our truck, all furn but 3 dressers were damaged. The TVs were scratched and space was HIGHLY underutilized-statements avail from 2 Men & Truck movers. I had to actually sign an additional document stating that 2 Men and a Truck Movers were not liable for damage that was caused before they unloaded the truck. In filing a complaint with the site, conversations went back and forth with Mike Kauffman blaming the freight company for the damage to our things.

He would not take any responsibility. After the final complaint was filed, the poor review and complaint mysteriously disappeared from their site.

I KNEW there was no way Mike Kauffman was able to get that many good reviews with the kind of service we received.Simply AWFUL!!!

Review about: Moving Service.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Moving Help Moving Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Moving Help?

Comments

I am Mike and i am sorry you had a bad experience part of the reason is we are not allowed to supply anything per uhual rules which is a whole other story please contact me

As a side note i don't recommend moving help.com to anyone ever she is right the reviews are *** (i will see if i can find your email i sent to the people that run it all i had to say was please remove *** I'm making them thousands a week think they give 2 *** about you ) and i will be posting emails here as i believe it should be shut down completely as they put people in illegal positions i also think the director should be arrested for continually to push illegal activity