478 views

I am here to inform all to stay clear from any purchase or repair from Steve Mottert owner of Mottert's Lawnmower Repair & Parts at 2228 Tenbrook Road Arnold, MO 63010. I brought my Redmax Pro trimmer there for a minor repair in July 2010.

I took it to Motterts because I purchased it there new in 2005. I was told by Mr. Steve Mottert that the repair would take no more than one week. Fine, difficult to be without a trimmer for a week in the peek of grass growing, but ok.

I called Motterts store one week later to see if I could pick up the trimmer. No answer at the shop on a Monday around 12:30pm, I left a message. I finally received a call back saying he still has done nothing with the trimmer and it could be another week or two! Pissed but giving the benefit of the doubt I agreed.

Two weeks pass, no trimmer, no answer of the phone any day of the week, no returned calls to the messages, and when I drove 35 miles to the shop to see what the *** is going on, the store is gated and locked up. I am not the only one with this problem, another man was there to do the same as I was. His mower was just inside the locked gate with no repairs done to in the 4 weeks Motterts had his mower. This B.S.

went on for 8 1/2 weeks!!! I drove by his store all hours weekly that they were said to be open according to his sign on the door, every time locked gates no one there no answered calls nothing! After threatening to show up with the Sheriff Dept. to get my trimmer back done or not I received a call from Mr.

Mottert saying the trimmer is magically done after 2 1/2 months. When a went to Motterts to pick up my trimmer no apology, or discount was offered. When I arrived home to finally trim my yard the trimmer worked for about 35 seconds. It was dead again for the same problem it went in to Mottert's for ***

I called Motterts right away and Mr Mottert answered (amazing).

After explaining what just happened he told me I could bring it back in for him to look at it, but it could take another couple weeks!? I firmly told him I will never return to his shop and I urge all of you to do the same.

I did take the trimmer to a well known BBB accredited shop in St. Louis who after I told them this same story they said I am at least the 20Th customer who has come to them after these same issues with MOTTERT's LAWNMOWER REPAIR IN ARNOLD MO 63010.

Location: Saint Louis, Missouri

Comments

THESE GUYS ARE THE ONES WITH THE MENTAL PROBLEMS,IF YOU WALK IN AT ANY BUSINESS AND THEY ARE BUSY , YOU CAN WAIT YOUR TURN OR DECIDE IF YOUR IN A HURRAY IF IT MIGHT BE BETTER TO TRY ANOTHER TIME. NO ONES TIME IS MORE VALUABLE THAN THE GUY WANTING FREE INFO ON A REPAIR OR WANTING PARTS CHEAPER THAN THE OTHER 8 PLACES THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN BEFORE THEY SHOULD UP WANTING EVERYONE ELSE TO STAND BACK AND WAIT WHILE THEY BUTT UP IN LINE BECAUSE THEY (DEPENDABLE LAWNCARE) ARE IMPORTANT THAN ANYONE ELSE.SOME BALLS!

Is the man mentally challenged, has a shop to try to give him a life so he can earn some sort of living we been there (dependable lawncare) only to walk out as we couldnt wait for him to get off the phone, just didn't think he was on the ball no longer even try to use his shop and he's a dealer for a major brand that alot of out here use so ya almost have to go to him if ya use that all orange brand...... :sigh :sigh

This shop is horrible. My trimmer has been there since Oct of 2010 and it's now May of 2011.

He had every excuse under the sun. Now I have the difficult task of getting Troy-Bilt to do something with my trimmer. They have left messages with Motterts and Steve said he hasn't received them.

Totally useless shop. Will never go there again and will take every opportunity to bash his business.

@PissedConsumer283117

i agree horrible service. don't bother

Motterts Lawnmower Repair Reviews