Motorsports of Delray - *** Poor Service
About a year ago, I brought my son's YZ250
2 stroke to Motorsports of Delray with the instructions of doing a diagnostic check for hard starting, and running poorly. They called and said the carb needed cleaning, a new spark plug, and an oil change. $350 later, we picked up the bike, and it was just as bad as when we brought it in. We brought it back, and they said they would check it again. They said the generator wires were burned, and they would have to replace the unit, and they GAURANTEED they fixed the problem. Another $350. I brought my son with me when we picked up the bike so he could ride it, and make sure it was OK. It wasn't! It bogged, and was as hard to start as before. We talked to the service manager, and he told us he would check it out.
It took him three weeks, and I had to call him to get the status. He told me the top end was bad, bearings were bad, seals were bad, and the oiston was burned! He also informed me that they were no longer interested in working on the bike because the cost of repairs was beyond the value of the bike, and they were no longer willing to fix it!
After $700, they were no longer WILLING? I was smart enough to get everything in writing, so my next step was small claims court.
In court, we were given an arbritraitor, and the result was that we were given half our money back.
We later took the bike to an independant shop where we again asked for an estimate. The estimate was for cleaning the carb, spark plug, oil change, and front brakes, all for $235.
That fixed it. It runs great! Great enough to get my son one of the fastest bikes at L-Cross Extreme!
In short, Motorsports of Delray didn't do what they were supposed to do origanally. I really dont mind only getting half the money back, because we did get a new generator, which was or was not needed!
But it was installed. I want to be fair, although THEY are far from fair.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Yamaha Yz 250
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Original car, perfect condition - almost new. Never see snow or rain. Very little damage to front bumper, but impact damage reverse gear in automatic trans. The evaluation -..."
- "i bought a Nissan Sunny 2013 i was driving on a very low speed and i wanted to brake the car but it didn't stop as it was supposed to do..."
- "Women Be Warned n Be Aware of WERNER ENTERPRISES!!! I went to Werner in Lithia Springs, GA as a female student driver. I went there initially requesting a female trainer,..."
- "My husband and I went to Hardees to grab something to eat thinking it would be a fast, easy and hot dinner. Well everytime I come to this location it..."
- "Chrysler Capital Auto Leasing refuses to terminate lease dismisses or acknowledge that they failed in Specific Performance on their contract by negating malfunctioning Jeep vehicle problems........ FCA Recall S55/NHSTA 16V-529..."
- "So it's obvious someone here go pissed and couldn't wait for their gear, caught an attitude with John, the owner of SOE and got fired as a customer.So here's the..."
- "I hired sears to clean my air ducts. THey had a special, thank god because it wasn't even worth the Special! I live in Miami florida so a/c system is..."
- "I had 4 new tires installed on my Acura MDX Sport at Tire Kingdom in Lake Park, FL. My vehicle is only 2 years old and has a special..."
- "I would never walk into a store with the store looking like this the store manager needs to be fired the recovery in the store is horrible there's no one..."