Motorsports of Delray - *** Poor Service
About a year ago, I brought my son's YZ250
2 stroke to Motorsports of Delray with the instructions of doing a diagnostic check for hard starting, and running poorly. They called and said the carb needed cleaning, a new spark plug, and an oil change. $350 later, we picked up the bike, and it was just as bad as when we brought it in. We brought it back, and they said they would check it again. They said the generator wires were burned, and they would have to replace the unit, and they GAURANTEED they fixed the problem. Another $350. I brought my son with me when we picked up the bike so he could ride it, and make sure it was OK. It wasn't! It bogged, and was as hard to start as before. We talked to the service manager, and he told us he would check it out.
It took him three weeks, and I had to call him to get the status. He told me the top end was bad, bearings were bad, seals were bad, and the oiston was burned! He also informed me that they were no longer interested in working on the bike because the cost of repairs was beyond the value of the bike, and they were no longer willing to fix it!
After $700, they were no longer WILLING? I was smart enough to get everything in writing, so my next step was small claims court.
In court, we were given an arbritraitor, and the result was that we were given half our money back.
We later took the bike to an independant shop where we again asked for an estimate. The estimate was for cleaning the carb, spark plug, oil change, and front brakes, all for $235.
That fixed it. It runs great! Great enough to get my son one of the fastest bikes at L-Cross Extreme!
In short, Motorsports of Delray didn't do what they were supposed to do origanally. I really dont mind only getting half the money back, because we did get a new generator, which was or was not needed!
But it was installed. I want to be fair, although THEY are far from fair.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Yamaha Yz 250
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Michael J Sales of American Auto Shipping, Automobile Shipping Quotes (ASQ), M2 Reeves, etc. is widely known as the cockiest shadeball lead provider in the industry. But his racket is..."
- "Dealer new he was selling a 2010 cruise lite 26 bh trailer with a wet floor.As they sarnia rv tried to cover it up with a bad paint job on..."
- "I contacted Awbreys Powder Coating concerning some bike parts i needed powder coated, communication was swift and on point, the gentleman seemed very confident he could deliver the services i..."
- "Went to the store on flagler and 97th ave, miami fl and bought a black leather sofa in perfect conditions, made my first payment and at the checkout asked the..."
- "We bought it for my parents as a gift for their new home and after 5 months, the head cushion started peeling. This is supposed to be a "genuine leather"..."
- "DON’T RENT A RV WITH CRUISE AMERICA IN MIAMI SOUTH: dirty AC, hidden fleas, no understanding, no compensation. During our 10 days trip in the south of Florida we were covered..."
- "This is the worst place to go!!!! Employees are idiots or something!!! After making wait more than 5 minutes to take my order I ask for the mint chocolate swirl..."
- "Corporate Credit Network aka Truebuild Credit aka Inc Strategies is a scam group ran under the squeaky clean front person Katie Berrien. Mike and Amanda Berrien (Katie's Parents) are the..."
- "My Sister from AL Khor Qatar sent me money via trans fast worth P 20,223.35 which I received it at mlhuilier just only P 20,098.00. Where's the remaining P 125.35?..."