Motorsports of Delray - *** Poor Service
About a year ago, I brought my son's YZ250
2 stroke to Motorsports of Delray with the instructions of doing a diagnostic check for hard starting, and running poorly. They called and said the carb needed cleaning, a new spark plug, and an oil change. $350 later, we picked up the bike, and it was just as bad as when we brought it in. We brought it back, and they said they would check it again. They said the generator wires were burned, and they would have to replace the unit, and they GAURANTEED they fixed the problem. Another $350. I brought my son with me when we picked up the bike so he could ride it, and make sure it was OK. It wasn't! It bogged, and was as hard to start as before. We talked to the service manager, and he told us he would check it out.
It took him three weeks, and I had to call him to get the status. He told me the top end was bad, bearings were bad, seals were bad, and the oiston was burned! He also informed me that they were no longer interested in working on the bike because the cost of repairs was beyond the value of the bike, and they were no longer willing to fix it!
After $700, they were no longer WILLING? I was smart enough to get everything in writing, so my next step was small claims court.
In court, we were given an arbritraitor, and the result was that we were given half our money back.
We later took the bike to an independant shop where we again asked for an estimate. The estimate was for cleaning the carb, spark plug, oil change, and front brakes, all for $235.
That fixed it. It runs great! Great enough to get my son one of the fastest bikes at L-Cross Extreme!
In short, Motorsports of Delray didn't do what they were supposed to do origanally. I really dont mind only getting half the money back, because we did get a new generator, which was or was not needed!
But it was installed. I want to be fair, although THEY are far from fair.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Yamaha Yz 250
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Setting out to buy a new 5th Wheel RV? It was a close call between the Forest River Cardinal Brand and the Open Range 3x model - both seemed very..."
- "2016 fleetwood jamboree sport 26 foot. Was to be my retirement home. Purchased march 31st 2016. To date Sept 4 3016 have been nowhere. Lots of small issues initially then..."
- "Big thumbs down to the BC Road safe Inc ( Traffic Control Company) employee who decided to park in a handicap zone in company vehicle. She absolutely ignored..."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."
- "They do not stand behind their products. Purchased chain saw it ran for less than 2 minutes and froze up and they said nothing they could do. DO NOT BUY..."
- "Have been contacting Mobstub for over 2 months sending in pictures again and again. Have not received the correct pair of earrings ordered. Ordered 3 pairs of earrings, white gold..."
- "Let's see, how shall I begin this... saying "I-Ready is horrid" is an understatement, to be honest. To start with, the diagnostic tests are *** ridiculous. They literally give you..."
- "Hello all, I already posted my thoughts about Publix's scam many months ago. I have seen people making comments about my thoughts saying "why don't you work for publix and change..."
- "Big time violation. The management allowed a lady who is a close friend to move everything from her filthy apartment into my 80 year old aunts apartment after the ***..."