Toronto, Ontario
1.6K views 40 comments

SCAM ALERT****BE VERY, VERY CAUTIOUS DEALING WITH; PURE RV CANADA or MOTORHOME TRAVEL CANADA both are operated by MOTORHOME REPUBLIC**** operating out of Auckland New Zealand.The websites are very misleading re: which company you are dealing with.

I was starting booking process for trip to PEI with this company when I needed to cancel due to family emergency. It was basically 3 days from start of booking process to finish (I e-mailed them to cancel entire process) Never once did I ever confirm booking through their confirmation link and it did not matter. I was still charged deposit $$ + 80 % of total cost of RV directly on my credit card, cost me about $1200.00. I am currently trying to fight it legally.

Please the only way to prevent other people from being caught up in these shady dealings is if you e-mail company, or post comments on these types of consumer web sites or add comments to trip advsior to warn other consumers etc..Thank you

Review about: Rv Rental Company.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $1200
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Motorhome Republic?

Comments

So true! :(

Burned by MOTORHOME REPUBLIC

UPDATE: Still fighting for my consumer rights- MOTORHOME REPUBLIC clearly does not care about the consumer.I told them initially that treating people like this would eventually bankrupt them.

The cost of doing business with this company is not worth all you have to lose.

Unscrupulous, unethical business practices.:(

Unhappy camper
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia #680154

We hired a motorhome from motorhome republic for 3 weeks in June / July 2013.It was a completely unsatisfactory experience.

It was a term of our contract that we would receive instructions in English on pickup, have bedding and basic kitchen equipment available and receive a clean vehicle in good working order. No one spoke English when we collected the vehicle and because they had lost the power cord to the DVD they couldn't even show us an instructional DVD. The vehicle was dirty. The pots and pans still had food on them from the last users.

Dirty second hand bedding was offered to us. The utensils, glasses and crockery were old and didn't even match. It was as if they had stocked the van from a second hand op shop. The vehicle also had smaller cheaper tyres on it that made the speedometer inaccurate.

We ended up cleaning the vehicle ourselves and purchasing bedding and kitchen equipment ourselves. This cost us 300 Euros. Apparently motorhome republic seem to think that people who hire motorhomes are looking for a pack packer experience and will accept substandard vehicles and equipment. I suggest that you should not use motorhome republic ( or any of their other website aliase organisations ) when renting a motorhome.

Ps all the items we purchased were kept by the motorhome company when we returned the vehicle!

This is a grubby company to be avoided.:cry

SCAM ALERT
Burlington, Ontario, Canada #620154

Steer clear of MOTORHOME REPUBLIC.Their online reservation process is, in my opinion unethical and borders laws.

Do yourself a favour.Drive Away from any transaction with this company!!

Motorhome Republic
Burlington, Ontario, Canada #608010

In my opinion they are motivated by open wallets, sunshine on credit cards, bird-song cash registers, sunsets viewed from deckchairs while counting their money they have ripped from honest consumers hands. :(

Scammmed

Motorhome Republic's position is- if you enter your credit card information into online reservation form they can charge it...plain and simple. Does this seem ethical to you? :(

Vacation Specialist

As the upcoming vacation season is fast approaching.Please be careful when booking online for an RV.

First, if the company you are originally dealing with suddenly changes to Motorhome Republic.......STOP and BAIL OUT.This is your first clue that something is not right.

ScamBook.com

This complaint has also been added to ScamBook.com in an attempt to get refund from the company Motorhome Republic- so far this company has been unwilling to settle with this customer.

TOURISM SPECIALIST

Motorhome Republic has declined comment on below case. This particular case has been filed as a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Canada as well as the Consumer Protection Agency.

Dupped
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada #599049

I have since found out that many, many customers have been dupped by MOTORHOME REPUBLIC. Steer clear and save your money- once they have your money it's too late!!