Update added by user Mar 28, 2014
UPDATE.Just sold a 2010 Motofino MF50QT-2 that i received for free with a blown crankshaft, i replaced the crank with an aftermarket taiwwan built and got it running again.
the plastics on the QT-2 were exceptionally durable unlike the QT-6 i originally owned, the scooter had been through a lot of hard miles in all kinds of weather and i have to say except for the blown crank it held up with only a few scratches.
the engine died at 3000 miles, the brakes were still original and had most of the pads left, everything still worked, i have to say despite everything i was impressed with the overall quality of the QT-2, if not for only having 10 inch wheels i probably would have kept it for a daily rider, it really came to life with the new crankshaft and a new Keihin carb.
if you are in the market for a Motofino i would not recommend a QT-6 but i think you would be very happy with a QT-2 or 10D model.
the owner of the company is an awesome guy i just wish things were followed through with my issues i had with the QT-6.
hind sight i should have just bought the 10D to start with.they do need to work on their warranty and allow consumers to change their own oil with a stipulation that if it is proven that damage was caused from improper maintenance the warranty is void.
Update added by user Sep 16, 2013
I gave up on getting situation resolved with Motofino, i recently bought another name brand scooter and it is great and a lot better quality at a cheaper price.
Original review posted by user Aug 16, 2013
Scooter has 2,621 miles on it and in those miles the engine had to be repaired half a dozen times.
I have been in contact with the company several times and was made empty promise after promise so finally i said just send me a good used engine and i will move my stuff over to it, i received a used engine with a blown crankshaft, i have to get a new crankshaft if i want to have any more use of my $1,200 scooter.
The owner of the company said i must be doing something wrong if the original engine keeps losing oil (it leaks out of the block), he also said i requested a used engine and that is what i got, he refuses to do any more to help even when i explained that the used engine he sent was blown.
I have seen a few other Motofino scooters leaking oil so i am not alone.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Nothing like the thrill of buying a new 2015 Coachman Mirada 35 LSF 1f66f5dy6foao4474, What a rotten experience we have been through' It all started with Collier RV in Rockford'..."
- "No gate. No ranger at entrance. No security. At the store I was asked to produce registration for my truck, registration for my camper, proof of insurance for truck, proof..."
- "I purchased a Hanma (SunL) SL150-T19, or what ever model it was on March 11, 2008. I was very excited about it and was happy to own my first motor..."
- "I purchased a Kenmore gas range from Sears.com.Bought it on Black Friday 11-24-16. First, pay someone to pick it up for me in the store because I don't own a..."
- "I purchased the veggie lovers bag salad from my local grocery store in Maryland and have been slowly consuming it over the last 3 days. Today at lunch I found..."
- "if this is how walmart ships items i will no longer buy from them and on top of it I was told since the items that I purchased were from..."