Update added by user Mar 28, 2014
UPDATE.Just sold a 2010 Motofino MF50QT-2 that i received for free with a blown crankshaft, i replaced the crank with an aftermarket taiwwan built and got it running again.
the plastics on the QT-2 were exceptionally durable unlike the QT-6 i originally owned, the scooter had been through a lot of hard miles in all kinds of weather and i have to say except for the blown crank it held up with only a few scratches.
the engine died at 3000 miles, the brakes were still original and had most of the pads left, everything still worked, i have to say despite everything i was impressed with the overall quality of the QT-2, if not for only having 10 inch wheels i probably would have kept it for a daily rider, it really came to life with the new crankshaft and a new Keihin carb.
if you are in the market for a Motofino i would not recommend a QT-6 but i think you would be very happy with a QT-2 or 10D model.
the owner of the company is an awesome guy i just wish things were followed through with my issues i had with the QT-6.
hind sight i should have just bought the 10D to start with.they do need to work on their warranty and allow consumers to change their own oil with a stipulation that if it is proven that damage was caused from improper maintenance the warranty is void.
Update added by user Sep 16, 2013
I gave up on getting situation resolved with Motofino, i recently bought another name brand scooter and it is great and a lot better quality at a cheaper price.
Original review posted by user Aug 16, 2013
Scooter has 2,621 miles on it and in those miles the engine had to be repaired half a dozen times.
I have been in contact with the company several times and was made empty promise after promise so finally i said just send me a good used engine and i will move my stuff over to it, i received a used engine with a blown crankshaft, i have to get a new crankshaft if i want to have any more use of my $1,200 scooter.
The owner of the company said i must be doing something wrong if the original engine keeps losing oil (it leaks out of the block), he also said i requested a used engine and that is what i got, he refuses to do any more to help even when i explained that the used engine he sent was blown.
I have seen a few other Motofino scooters leaking oil so i am not alone.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "No gate. No ranger at entrance. No security. At the store I was asked to produce registration for my truck, registration for my camper, proof of insurance for truck, proof..."
- " I almost died! 11-15-2015 My 2015 open range light bunkhouse had an electrical fire. The motor to the electric jack was on fire catching the plastic propane tank..."
- "I purchased an Apex TT. Before I even picked up the trailer the dealership had to replace the overhead awning because it was broken. I've been on 2 local trips...."
- "They didn't send what I ordered! I ordered the Gibbs Rules Coffee Mug and received something in Spanish!!! I don't how this could have happened. They sent a confirmation email..."
- "The claims department blamed the company by saying the box was inadequate. The driver says he left it at my door. As you can see the box is on the..."
- "We decided to use Zerorez because they had a good reputation. We have a brand-new home (less than 4 months old) and we had some basic soiled marks in the..."