I was out of my regular water softener salt and reluctantly bought Morton's System Saver II as a substitute. The company adds an additive in the product to help clean the water softener. It doesn't disclose anywhere on the bag or the website what that additive is. A few days after I put the salt in the brine tank, I began to get rash-like hives all over exposed parts of my body in the middle of the night. I woke up to itchy hive like allergic reactions. These were clearly not insect bites. To be sure, I washed the sheets without any detergent or fabric softenener and still the allergic reaction continued. When I wear clothes washed prior to using System Saver II, the rash does not occur. Coincidence? I don't think so. The company is aware that it's product can cause itchy skin in some of its users.
Excerpt below from:
After using Morton water softening products why does my skin itch?
The additives used in Morton® System Saver® II or Morton® Rust Remover are normally removed from the water system during the brine and rinse cycle of the regeneration process. Even though it is unlikely that the additives in the salt product could be the cause of the skin itch, you may wish to try a product with no additives, such as Morton® White Crystal® products or Morton® Potassium Chloride Pellets. It would be prudent to consult with a dermatologist
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Allergic Reaction
- Review category
- Food Manufacturers
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought a package of the white fudge covered Oreos for the first time to try them out and upon getting a huge craving for them I opened the box..."
- "My husband loves German Chocolate cake. We bought one in the frozen food section today and let it set out in the box for about an hour. I cut a..."
- "I have an issue with the parmesan goldfish product's quality control. Every time I open a new bag, I never know what to expect and I hate that. I just..."
- "DiskDigger is often a data recovery software solution for all users that recouping your deleted or prepared files through the storage media associated with your operating system, which include various..."
- "I wish I could get off AARP's mailing list, they occupy the top of my junk mail sender list. They have begun employing a new and rather unscrupulous tactic, in..."
- "I bought Rosetta Stone's Spanish download for Mac for 250 bucks. It crashed constantly, was hard to use, and they're constantly trying to get you to "upgrade" to more expensive..."