Savannah, Georgia
Featured Not resolved

Vile excuse for a business that's supposed to be providing "therapeutic" services but, instead is self-serving, inhumane and callous. Brutally trapped and killed a group of feral cats in their neighborhood, without ever seeking alternatives. In addition, they tried to get an elderly neighbor who was feeding the cats arrested and then BRAGGED about the killings and arrest on their Facebook page. ("We are so excited to report we are free of cats...All the culprits have been captured...The authorities are waiting for our neighbor...Feeding cats is illegal.") Their explanation? The cats "might have disease". NO evidence to suggest ANY of the cats had any kind of disease. Even posted pics of the captured cats & a copy of the complaint they'd filed against their neighbor on their business page. They were SO PROUD of themselves!

Following a flood of negative feedback from the community, they removed their photos & boasts. Then started back peddling & blaming the local Humane Society (see attached pics for the Humane Society's response). When that excuse FAILED, they started calling the animal advocates a "hate group" & blamed the backlash on "racism". *eye roll*

Such blatant disregard for life is appalling. Anyone who has this kind of mindset is a disgrace to the "therapeutic" field.

Review about: Cats Removal.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Monroe Therapeutic Massage LLC?

Comments

Asheville, North Carolina, United States #947377

Hopefully these people will suffer the same fate they inflicted on these poor animals.That is my intense desire.

I would dance with glee upon learning that they died in a fire.

But theres no karma and no god and the evil are inheriting the earth.One day tho there will be vengeance for these crimes.

Savannah, Georgia, United States #944887

It's very telling that Monroe made a post thanking the animal advocates for boosting their business but, also continued to whine that they were being falsely accused and "defamed".

Savannah, Georgia, United States #894929

The images posted were taken directly from the Monroe Therapeutic Massage Facebook page.Any "business" (much less one that pretends to be "therapeutic") that would post these kinds of things to their professional page and think that this would cast them in a positive light has some very serious ethics issues.

Following negative community backlash, they deleted the pictures from their page but, no worries.

They can't erase the screen shots others had already taken.Read and decide for yourself if this is the kind of place you'd like to visit for some "therapeutic" services.

jessica monroe
Savannah, Georgia, United States #882579

Lies lies lies defamation.

me

In my neighborhood we have 3 registered feral cat communties.It is a very harsh crime to hurt them and you would be ticketed and arrested.They are all fixed and all have their shots.Volenteers feed them and take care of them.What this heartless man has done appalls me.I hope all his customers see this and are just as appalled.I hope his business ends up being shut down.I also hope he gets criminally charged for his actions.Not a very spiritual place when you murder the most spiritual animals created.

Robbyg
Savannah, Georgia, United States #802441

Cruelty to animals is just that cruelty, their is no race card to be played here, these people did what they did and the community reacted accordingly. Their disgraceful act would be just as disgraceful no matter the color of their skin.

Creatureofgod2003
#802063

I am totally horrified that the people who own Monroe therapeutic massage so heartlessly trapped innocent animals and then the ones they did trap were given over to be euthanized and who were not bothering anyone.This Feral colony's of cats had been being taken care of by people who actually have compassion and empathy for animals and they should not be made to seem like the bad guy.If this business wanted to help,they could have taken up a donation to have the cats trapped neutered and released back to the area they were living,they could have taken pictures of the cats and posted them so people could have adopted them.Feral cats when taken in to loving homes make awesome pets,they are thankful for warmth,food and love .,I know because I took in a feral cats an old beat up boy and he was the best cat ever.And if they think by removing the cats that were there will take care of what they deemed a problem it won't and it's a fact other feral cats will just repopulate the area.This crazy lady who in essence fated these cats to a certain death. :cry .She could have done so many things different but in fact she was just thinking about herself and making money and couldn't be bothered to see that by helping these cats she would have been helping her business.On the bigger scale of things there are more animal lovers than haters,and just because she has a cat,which I'd hate to be her cat doesn't excuse her...