Refund moneygram:[

210 of 221 Moneygram reviews

The refund policy really doesn't help the customer.A lost or stolen money order will take moneygram up to 30 days sometimes 60 days to refund your money!And this is another slap in the face of the customer...MONEYGRAM WILL NOT PUT A STOP PAYMENT ON THE MONEY ORDER!..until they have processes the paperwork and refunded your money, but in the mean time your money order is still out there and able to be cashed.

And if cashed that's another delay. Before you buy a moneygram money order. DON'T..just overnite the money or payment, Less stressful and will not cost you the amount of money you are sending ,the cost of moneygram, the postage,plus 37 dollars, you have to pay moneygram to refund a lost or stolen money order. 15 dollars for processing fees and 22 dollars if you want your refund overnited to you.

which could take up to 30-60 days.TO MUCH TROUBLE.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 47 Yes 47
210 of 221 Moneygram reviews
beachnative45

Jan 30 #1278637 Irvine, California, United States

I am a landlord and this is so true. A renter of mine just keeps getting the run around from Money Gram. MG wants $42 to investigate, then $24 for copy of each cashed MO, it goes on and on.

diana mcgowan

Jan 26 #1276668 Harvey, Louisiana, United States

yes would like a stop on a money order purchase the money order num isR206809574257 my cell phone num is 504-237-5806

Dec 22, 2016 #1259301 Fontana, California, United States

MoneyGram is a joke the operators don't speak goo English and it's hard to understand them , one hung up in my face. F MoneyGram for life

Aug 23, 2016 #1202866 Manteca, California, United States

This will be the last time I ever use this company. Customer service is horrible, the language barrier is even worse, If you want you're money order cancelled, good luck.the hoops you must jump through is equal to a 10 mile run..John in elko NV

Apr 02, 2016 #1138243

The post office money orders are more expensive to buy initially but they don't charge expensive fees if it's found more than a year after date of issue like MoneyGram and Western Union, or to refund your money.

Mar 21, 2016 #1131513

Purchased 2 Money Orders and lost them in transit. 6-8 weeks to get the refund was the script they kept reading me off, even the supervisors regurgitated the same lines. Being backed by the federal reserve they could not push the refund any quicker and would not try to do anything to expedite the refund. Now I have to pay an additional $30 to process the stop payment and refund. (Insert angry face here) 1st and last time I purchase anything from Western Union

James1

Mar 18, 2016 #1129822 San Bernardino, California, United States

I have money order totaling $600. Payee refuses to except as payment.. Money order already filled out and I want a refund .. What do I do ?

4 0 Reply

Aug 23, 2016 #1202881 Manteca, California, United States

I'm John in Elko NV.you want to know what to do?? So far for me it's been take a foreign language and drink with what's left of you're patience..good luck

unknown

Feb 03, 2016 #1105350 California, United States

someone called in as moneygram, i didnt notice it was someone else because i was so busy i got confused and did what the person on the phone was telling me to do. They stole money and i informed the police station about it.

6 0 Reply

Jan 25, 2016 #1100776

It happened the same to me. Moneygram does not protect the consumer in any circumstance

Lala

Jan 11, 2016 #1092557 Louisville, Kentucky, United States

I think its bull *** that MoneyGram won't reimburse you after you having proof and photocopy, police report etc.; of a stolen money order with someone else's name they wont take responsibility.

kuei

Jan 04, 2016 #1088824

anyone who was ripped off deservecs it. you should learn how to read reviews before using the service. its your own faults

1 2 Reply

Jan 04, 2016 #1088819

Money Gram money orders are fraud! I purchased a $1000.00 money order for rent, then decided not to use it. When I tried to get a refund, Money Gram said it would take 2-3 days to verify if the money order was valid. That means...it WASN'T valid when I purchased it. It could have been rejected by my landlord. $1000.00 for a worthless piece of paper. NEVER EVER PURCHASE A MONEY GRAM MONEY ORDER.

2 1 Reply

Dec 22, 2015 #1082614

They are a rip off! Beware DO NOT buy money order especially MoneyGram a store.

Nov 12, 2015 #1062726

I understand what u r saying i have been going through this since the end of September over my lost money order. This is really upsetting to me, u should not have to set & waite worrying about your money that is still out there where someone can cash it if they find your money order. I will not purchase another money gram money oder again.

Nov 02, 2015 #1057139

Rubbish

Olya Hein

Sep 16, 2015 #1034659

I want to get my money back 340 i ever got my money from the prison

1 3 Reply

Sep 05, 2015 #1030415

how do we het a refund on an order that has been sent

11 4 Reply

Aug 24, 2015 #1023928

I put a money order in the mail for rent and it got lost and I would like to get a refund for it.

1 6 Reply

1-20 of 33 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.