Alpharetta, Georgia
3K views 42 comments

If anyone has had problems with Mold Treatment Centers of America in Alpharetta, GA where you were to be diagnosed and treated for mold illnesses due to exposure to hazardous toxic mold environments, please email me at: bfritts1947@yahoo.com.I was first (and only) seen by this treatment facility on 12/28/12 for severe mold illnesses from my exposure to hazardous toxic molds at a hotel in Horseshoe Bend, AR (Cedar Glade Resort).

After paying $3200 on 12/28/12, and being treated by ????, I was thrown off their radar screen. Michael Pugliese changed by protocol twice after the 1st month as I was not improving. For 10 days in March, I could not access the established patient line, nor could I access the journaling site that comes up immediately with your password, etc. When I complained, I was called by Lisa and was told that they had moved furniture around 10 days ago and the telephone line got disconnected (???).

When I told her that it wasn't just the phone, it was the journaling site as well, she said she would have to check with their website person. It was after March 19 that I was no longer heard from anyone, and my illness was getting worse. I made a surprise visit to them on April 12, '13 (had a witness with me), and Michael Pugliese was less than happy to see me in the facility (I live in GA, not out of state as many who come into this facility fly in from out-of-state). He was so angry that we could not even look at me.

When I started to question him, he said to me "your files are not on the premises." When I told this to my Pulmonary Doctor (a real doctor), Dr. Waldman said to me, "Where would your files be, somewhere in Canada?" I then asked for copies of all my records, and what I got were handwritten office notes, nothing on letterhead, no diagnosis (these were all records dated 12/28/12). The MD, Dr. O, sent me out of that office with stroke high BP levels (he took it 3 times).

There were no records forwarded with any changes that were made in my protocol by Michael Pugliese (2 changes made). First told to go off of the herbs given to me by Dr. Kang (the acupuncturist on 12/28/12, who, by the way is no longer be used as part the MoldTC treatment a/o March -- they threw her off their radar screen). I started to see Dr.

Kang on my own in March & April (12th) due to my severe irritability caused by the very high levels of mycotoxins found in my body. She also related information to me about MoldTC and how other patients have had to call her because they could not get through or get responses from MoldTC after becoming one of their patients. She would have to go next door to their office to find out what was going on. I have had to move to Tucson, AZ to come under a "real" mold specialist physician, Dr.

Gray in Benson, AZ. This MoldTC has been termed by the Director of the Special Investigations Unit of the GA Dept. of Health as a "criminal fraud scheme." And was told by a retired mold specialist physician who lives in Tampa, "worst place you could have gone; money making machine." The GA Dept. of Health, Julia Campbell, has had many complaints over the past year with people from out of state with questions and concerns about this facility.

Another person facebooked me and called this a "fake" place and thought it had been closed down. There are no certificates for any of these doctors on the walls; no licensing; and the only thing they could find out for Michael Pugliese were the scams he ran with his private company, Probe Environmental on Rip-Off.

Again, please email at above email address if anyone else has had problems with this facility.Thank you, Barbara Fritts

Review about: Treatment Diagnosis Of Mold Illnesses.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $3200
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Mold Treatment Centers of America?

Comments

I have e-mailed you.

Linda
Brandon, Mississippi, United States #1150947

I have been tested for mycotoxin poisoning through Bio Trek laboratories.They have been really helpful in helping me to get diagnosed.

My problem is thati don't know what kind of doctor to see to treat this. I have been seen my an infectious disease doctor, doctor of allergy and immunology and dermatology.

They just treat the symptoms but have no knowledge as to why.(No experience in mold) Can anyone out there please tell me what kind of doctor I need to see to start treatment for this.

MoldyGirl
to Linda #1154078

Linda, you need a Functional Medical doctor, also known as an Integrative Medical doctor, or Integrative Medicine. They treat the whole body and look for the cause rather than treating the symptoms. Good luck!

Katia
to Linda #1154934

Linda,

I also tested with Bio Trek and came out positive for mycotoxin.I would like to speak with you as I have the identical issues you are having with trying to find medical care and answers.

Please feel free to call me at (786) 556-1234.

Thank you.Katia

I talk my 16 year old daughter there a year ago.She has not gotten any better.

We are thinking of taking her back again soon. Now I am worried. We cannot find a dr that will or knows how to treat her.

She is getting worse.Someone ease help us find a dr

i was tested by a company called BioTrekLabs, their test was awesome!!!

Shelly
Fayetteville, Tennessee, United States #1109043

I am looking into going to http://ntced.org/ In Atlanta GA, I am really nervous and do not want to waste time and funds, can anyone tell me if there has been bad experiances or did not get releif of symptoms?

Shelly

Jinn353
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States #1101290

I'm sorry I'm back again, but need to post a warning.Dr.

Silver is listed on multiple sites as being a mold specialist, and he may actually treat people with fungal infections, but he will only speak to you after signing about 50 pages of documents. This may not be too bad, except buried within are papers stating that you agree to become a member of his religious establishment, and as such, you give up all your patient rights (including everything listed in the HIPPA regulations). There is also a statement which says that no doctor-patient relationship exists; he is the minister and you are a member agreeing to receive medical treatment. You can never file any type of complaint against him for any reason...

I had high hopes after reading his website, but what I encountered when he walked into the room is really indescribable. Also, Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN may be worth a try. They have tons of free video lectures online; you can learn all there is to know about fungi. Mayo Clinic in AZ is absolutely horrible and seems even worse, because they have such a great reputation.

I cannot begin to fathom how that came to be. I will look into gathering any info I can from others who experienced trauma similar to yours at the Mold Treatment Centers of America. Is it still operating under a different guise? I believe I almost went there, but the name is similar to another place which I also can't figure out if it's legit (which means it's probably...

Now I've actually managed to read the entire, original post and will do my best to send you a short email, Barbara ;) I sincerely hope you are healed or at least well on your way. It's funny, I was in Wilmington, NC, now in Scottsdale AZ.

We seem to be traveling a similar, parallel path.We need to form a fungal warrior clan!

to Jinn353 #1125192

Dr Silver is in no way

affiliated with this company

Traceyecho, I hope you found someone real and good to treat your daughter.There is a real disconnect between the known facts of mold illness (see the CDC website), and the reaction (more like ridicule, or at best, skepticism) from the medical community if you even suggest that you think you might have a mold-related illness.

We have fairly decent slides and pics of the fungus infecting my daughter. She got it when living in a wet coastal environment, in a house with moldy ducts. I am a scientist and know how to make good slides. Despite that, only one very fine country doc back home in OK even looked at them.

He did his best, but felt it was too complicated, and referred her to Mayo.

We are using all of our resources, with little progress.Let us know how things turned out for you.