Palm Coast, Florida
1K views 3 comments

Mohawk Industries 25 year warranty for stains is obviously not worth the value of the paper that it was written on.I bought Mohawk Smartstrand carpet from Lowes.

I noticed that stains of any kind would not come. Contacted Lowes and they filed a claim with Mohawk. Mohawk finally after a long period of time sent out an inspector that admitted the carpet had stains which were Coke and tea. His report said the carpet was not defective I needed to clean it again.

Well I proceeded to have it professionally cleaned for the third time. Still stained after numerous professional cleanings. I have a letter from first company stating he could not get it clean after two back to back cleanings.

I am embarrassed for quests or even family to come to my home.Anyone have any suggestions of how to enforce the warranty short of legal action?

Review about: Smartstrand Carpet.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Warranty issue / $5600
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Mohawk Industries?

Comments

Remove the pad underneath and replace it.Clean the carpet with the pad removed.

Get a professional machine. Pretreat stain. Get a brush with carpet stain remover on it, brush it, brush it, brush it. Put stain cleaner on it several times,clean, brush vacume.

Then use professional machine. Poor a lot of water and use suction to make sure you are sucking the dirty stuff out of carpet, repeat if needed.

Put clean pad on.Re-install.

Patti
Chalfont, Pennsylvania, United States #1085194

I'm having a similar problem.I posted on social media.

Seems other people r having the same problem.

Maybe we could collect people.It's always good when u have strength in nimbers

I'm having a similar problem.I posted on social media.

Seems other people r having the same problem.

Maybe we could collect people.It's always good when u have strength in numbers