Windsor, Nova Scotia
2.3

My bad for not doing any due diligence prior to placing an order with Modlily.com. Once the order was placed, I was really kicking myself after I read many, many negative reviews.

I was sure I either wouldn't receive my order ever, or, if I did, it would take a very long time. Even then, if I did receive it, I was ready for a disappointing "opening the package" experience. I placed my order on April 9, 2016. I did not receive the shipment notification that was promised, with my tracking number on it.

I let some time pass, fully prepared I may never receive it. On April 20, 2016, I received my package. The two items I ordered were contained therein. The dress I ordered (in a size XXL) was a Canadian size 14 I would say.

The bathing suit I ordered in a size 3XL, was a Canadian size 10 maybe....no larger. Ironically, the bottoms of the bathing suit were twice the size of the top part, so I may get away with the bottoms. The top part looks as though it was made for a doll. I kid you not.

In fact, I gave the top part to my daughter for her American Girl! ha! The stitching on both garments were loose and poorly constructed. I found it very odd that there are no tags anywhere, on either garment.

So, when given lemons, I decided to make lemonade. The dress fabric is quite nice, so guess what I did?? I ordered another dress - same one! It arrived last week (pretty quick shipping, to my surprise).

I had my seamstress take out the sides of the one dress, and piece together fabric from the second dress I ordered, and voila....it fits and you would never know. I had her tighten up the stitching on the loose areas, and it's very nice. The dress is very short (for a dress), and given I am over 6 feet tall, it is a really nice, off the shoulder, "top" that I wear with black leggings. I have had so many compliments on it, it's not funny!

So, while my "good deal" of $20.00 US for the dress, turned into $45.00 CDN, I do have a nice "top", and am, generally, happy with how it turned out. I swallowed hard even contemplating ordering the second dress (to piece to the first dress to make one that fits), but in the end, I'm glad I did. I don't think I would ever order from this company again, and I find it very unsettling to read the reviews from the others on here, voicing the issues they have had. Oh, and I should also add, that I did send them an e-mail about two weeks after I ordered my first order to inquire on the status of my order (as they promise that it be shipped within 24 hours), and I did get a response back pretty much immediately, which I was happy about.

I went into it with no great expectations, so I guess that helped with the over all experience.

Product or Service Mentioned: Modlily Swimsuit.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments

Bertie

Thanks for your feedback.

We have been devoting to offer good products with low price, but it maybe up to your expectation.

So you could return anything you want, under the condition it's in original condition. Postal service is a good way to return, and I suppose it’s not much expensive.

After we get the return package, 100% refund will be issued.

Our customer service will send the return address to you, please submit a ticket ASAP and we are expecting for an earlier reply. Please mention that you are from pissedconsumer.

Best Regards,