Palm Bay, Florida
11.7K views
Featured Not resolved

I ordered a dress that I thought was beautiful on the modlily.com. I received a dress from modlily.com and it was hideous.

It was made of poor quality and looked nothing like the dress on the website as shown in the attached photo. This website is very misleading. After contacting the company by email they told me that I had to pay shipping but I may as well keep it because of the amount of the fees. Do not purchase anything from this company it is a rip off.

They knew this dress looked nothing like the picture. Thank you

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Very informative. Thank you

Ann McDonald
Shopping Expert

According to Modlily return and refund policy in order to return an item you should log in "My Orders", then click Summit Ticket besides the order you want to return/refund. Modlily customer service will communicate with you in the ticket, and approved your application.

After application approved, you will get the Return Address and RMA number in the ticket. Pack the items you want to return, and ship them back by any shipping company available, like Fedex, TNT, DHL, UPS. Post Office is recommended to avoid tax.

Modlily will offer full refund of the items you returned. Please note that the customer is responsible for the return shipping fee.

@Ann McDonald

Yeah, won't they don't tell you is that once you return it, they will tell you that the merchandise is used, worn, stained etc and they refuse to give you a refund. Luckily I paid with Paypal and was able to get my money back through them. Modlilly is a HORRIBLE company to do business with.

Lynn S

I found the quality of the shirt I bought to be good. Sizing is all off I need to exchange for same shirt larger size.

I can’t get any one to respond to me. Exchanging should not be this difficult. I’ve been trying for over a Week.

For this reason I would not buy from them again. I still want my exchange or I just wasted my money.

This company is a complete scam. Items are nothing like picture and they change their company name every so many months once the bad reviews start.

This shell company will be named something else before you know it scamming people yet again. Stay far away for all to good to be true companies !

Don't buy anything from this company.I never received what I ordered and when I tried to get a refund they emailed me back they would cancel my order and give me a credit. What good is a credit to buy merchandise that they don't deliver? They don't post a phone number so you can't call them.Emailing back and forth is like talking to someone in a foreign country.

Laquinton

This company is BS! Returned two shirts through their ticket return process which is complicated.

Got an email saying no refund because the products were damaged and worn. Will NEVER buy from sponsored ads again on social media!

I had bad experience with Modlily also, I sent back two dresses cheaply made and they said they never received. I sent my receipt of return from post office to pay pal who I purchased through they contacted Modlily who said no return received. I think they may give a fake return address THEIR a scam bad company and pal pal should STOP doing business with them!

Omg.. that's the scam people.

This dress is the most hideous thibg i have seen. You look great in this p.o.s dress, u would look good wearing a curtain lol. (That's a compliment) but the point is about their dress and their scams! How dare they do this to us hard working people!

They know what They are doing, they false advertise clothing items etc and yet they know it doesn't pay to ship this crap back so in hindsight they just made free money! I know alot of consumer companies and also a head of one that will eventually get this site shut down. I'm sending this review to her..(she's and our lawyer handles this type of online fraudulaunt scams. Many times these companies hear random people claiming they will sue, get their lawyer, etc.

But they know many people are mad etc and aren't going to actually pay a lawyer to handle something that's overseas and yet they also think whatever they do they can't get shut down. Boy...are they wrong! This has been happening more and more as the years go by and yes, what a surprise I have in store for these scam artists! Lawyers are, Will, and can do alot more than they think especially ones that specialize in this background!

Keep the reviews coming ladies.... I need these to show (always helps)..

ill keep everyone updated. U will at least get all your money back and hopefully see them shut down for good!

@Shannon01

Why are they still in business? It is November 2018!

If i ever buy on a Chinese website i always pay the few extra bucks to insure the shipping to the US.I have had to use the insurance for my order that never showed up or was damaged more then once.

Same thing with me... Different material than posted two toned dress when the one on the picture was one tone. Size did not fit and I ordered a larger size because it can always be taken in.

Joh

I ordered and paid, it never came. Contacted them several times finally they responded to wait a little longer. Well, it never came and they would not return my money.

hahahahah

my daughter had a similar experience when she picked her prom dress, fortunately she got creative and modified the dress herself, or else we would have been slightly stuck.

its a shame about the dress, but you have a beautiful figure. best of luck

Same dress my daughter ordered but it was short. There wasnt even enough material to cover her *** and they are small, and that thing they call lace was not lace and the netting was so cheap, i think a hair net was probably better than what they used. They are a rip off.

if you paid via credit card just call your credit card company and file a complaint. They will reverse the charges On the merchant.

LOL holy *** that is horrible. sorry girl, i had a simliar experience with nastydress.com

I haven't even joined and read your review; it got a loud chuckle from me. You're right, it really isn't the dress photographed.

So can you expose that seller? P1