222 views

I joined this service back approx May 24th, 2017 and I was extremely detail specific during my initial interview what I wanted with them. I show them pictures, I have strong descriptions, qualities, characteristics and more.

They said "they could help me" find a woman like this. I spoke to the top manager that day (25+ years experience). They gave me a starter price of $9000 for a 3 year + 3 free membership. I almost fell off my chair!!

They immediately dropped it down to $6000 with a military discount they claimed they had - they didn't even want to see proof that I ever was in the military, just took my word for it (I was - but they didn't ask for proof. Shows you how deceptive they can be, they will try to MILK you for all they can get from you). I really should have followed my gut and said I will think about it, but this manager was coy to body language and told me, if I had left, they could not promise the same bonus sign up next time (typical high pressure sales) and I had just gotten a large bonus from work, so I signed up at the $6k price. About 10 days goes by and I get called in for my photo shoot, that took about 3 hours to do.

Then they spent about another hour with me going over things and gave me a list to take home of possible referrals, claimed they worked on that list of 15 people for over 3-4 hours to put it together. It was pretty obvious once I learned how to use the site, and looked at the list, they can just as easily jot down profile #'s and claim whatever they want for time input. So I reviewed the list and there was NOTHING on that list that even remotely interested me - that was another clue they had never read my hand prepared (typed) initial profile I gave them (and it was quite detailed both about me and what I wanted). So I got home and started to look for others locally.

I was not interested in long distance, I wanted MLPS only! (Give or take 100 miles maybe). I found one possible that I liked, but after 34 days (which is over their timeline to reply) she never replied and her profile was never put on "HOLD" either, this company says right on the back on the contract they give you, "You failed to provide a response to another member (yes or no) your membership is put on inactive as a penalty" - they failed to do that because she was a woman most likely and most know if you don't have woman, the men won't come either. So that would be bad for business to knock her.

They claim they contacted her 3-4x and she would get to it, but never did. They did keep trying to send other referrals, but again, NONE of them were even close to the same ball park I was looking for. So I started looking more into the site. They claim they have 2100+ members.

So at the time (approx 1st or 2nd weekend in June) I went through every profile on that site that was available to me. There was a total of 2182, 43% were inactivated (there is only 4 reasons that can be: You're on hold to date another, you're on vacation, you have not paid your dues or you're now an expired member and they are still using your profile as bait for others). So I scaled it down to just the MLPS area. I found 685 total profiles, all age ranges and of that # there was 47% that were inactive.

So I now scaled it down to my age requested group and this is where it gets scary people. I asked to look in the 28-35 age group, so at first I started by looking in up to 40 years old, there was 68 members and 29 were inactive, then I look in exactly my age group, there was 34 members and 13 were inactive. So here's the deal: I paid them $6000 and I only have a total of 21 members to choose from and of that 21 members, 11 were not of my race, so while friendships may be possible, nothing more would come of it, so that leaves me 10 members of which to work with to find love (at that time) when I asked them that question The Senior manager lady said, "But you only need 1 person to love." I had my mouth hung open at that one. I asked a series of questions.

"Had I known you only had 10 members in my active profile, do you think I would have signed up?" (no comment) "Had I known you had a .0145% of active members in my age group do you think I would have signed up?" (no comment) "Had I know that nearly 99% of your members were above the age group I was looking for do you think I would have signed up?" (no comment) and finally, "What part of "very specific" did I not cover in my initial interview which I put in writing did you not understand?" Even the part at the bottom where I said "If you can't meet my standards - that's ok, just tell me." Be straight and honest with me was all I asked. This company lied to me, they deceived me and they mislead me into a false contract. Now it does say on the back, that no refunds are permitted, but I did manage to block the final payment as I used a CC to purchase everything. I also managed to "DISPUTE" the previous charges with the CC also.

A week later they refunded all my money. A week later the company calls me up says they had the charges reversed and they won the dispute and would make me an offer to cancel the final $1500 if I left this alone and I signed a NON disparage clause to not talk about them openly. (Do you think I accepted the offer?) I am working with an attorney to settle this, but the CC company also said to me. No reversal of charges has been received by them (as of this writing today 8/9/17).

"It still might, but it's not a dead issue," they also said. They will then freeze the money from both parties and they will give me a chance to submit my documentation and I have printed out an awful lot of information for them to review. They will then send to an individual non biased arbitrator (almost like going to small claims court) and they will review everything. So I won't know for sure yet, but the CC did instruct me also NOT to agree to or sign anything, the company was only doing that for strong arm tactics and intimidation and that isn't happening.

They burned me, they mislead and deceived me and if I am to lose $4500 and have my credit attacked. I will spend every free minute and go on every social media site I can find and every consumer site and contact the attorney general as well. They will feel my wrath! This company's office in MN has at least a dozen small claims courts filed against them - maybe a lot more.

The Washington state office is being investigated by the state attorney General, the Wisconsin branch is also being investigated for fraud by the AG. This is one article by a former employee: **. It really spills the beans on what they do, especially how they determine your fees they charge you - scary stuff!! There is plenty more upset customers here: **.

Here is another site full of complaints on the company: **. There is plenty more to find too: Type in GOOGLE search: "COMPLAINTS AGAINST GE". Let's just say you will need many months to read them all. They are far and wide!

Some are even of former employees that quit because they discovered how unethical this company was. I will try to update how my case turns out when I can... If the CC company falls short, next step will be the AG of MN. You will be scammed and defrauded if you use this service.

I certainly was!!!

This review is 100% real and 100% my own experience with them. I have the contracts and receipts to prove it and would join anyones class action lawsuit as well.

Minneapolis Singles Cons: Are extremely deceptive and misleading, Are all about high pressure sales, Lie to you, Insult your ego and intelligence to your face, Take money to committ fraud.

Location: 3300 Edinborough Way #760, Edina, MN 55435, USA

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Guest

This service is a relic from the 80s, when they popularized video dating, i.e. they record and interview of you on a VHS tape and others pay to view it.

Anyone who did even 10 seconds of research on this company would NOT do business with them. There have been many lawsuits against them. The attorney generals in Wisconsin and Arizona got judgments against them, in order to refund people who had the same experience you describe.

Currently, GE is only in about 4 states as they were pretty much shut down in others and/or went bankrupt. File a complaint with your state's attorney general and maybe they can get your money back.

Ervie Ylz

I agreed with what you have noted! I’ve never hear from them, after paying them and a photo.

Very hard to find there website login.

Pulled my paperwork out… and still can’t get in. I will stand with you.

Guest

Hope you received a refund, glad I read your review! They keep calling me with their high pressure sales!

I blocked them! Hope you find that special someone!

Guest

Hello. I am having the same situation.

Quite an awful experience and it is almost exactly how you are describing it.

I am wondering if you can provide some more recent commentary as to how things resulted. I appreciate it.

Guest

I am interested in suing them as well. 952-975-****.

I am angry that they count inactive people in their numbers.

It is fraud. please call me and we can talk.

Guest

The exact same thing happed to me around the same time. Were you able to get any money back?

Are you participating in one of the class action law suits? I've never worked with such an awful company.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1435531

I am having the same exact experience. Can you share with me how things are going to pursue reimbursment?

Minneapolis Singles Reviews