Hello there I wanted other's to know what happened to my poor dog so it does not happen to your lovable pets as well. My dog currently eats a diet of Castor and Pullox dry dog food, she's been fine with eating treats like milk bones, pig ears, and a few other I get for her now and then. I purchase Milo's Kitchen Chicken Jerky this past weekend thinking I was bringing my doggie home a nice treat. I gave one to her the evening of purchase 7/29/2012, Then about 3 piece of the treat throughout of entire day on 7/30/2012. The morning of 7/31/2012 she seemed to act strange and had some soft stool. I did what I could but had to leave for work that morning. I came to a horrid site as I walked in the door on lunch break there was diarrhea that looked like black tar and vomit all over the entire living room. She was lying there looking very ill and continued to puke 3 times within a matter of minutes I started bawling and frantically calling my job to request the rest of the day off to take her to the vet as this was an emergency. I rushed her to the vet where they check her vitals of course and gave her a nausea shot, bacteria food supplements and antibiotics, I told them the culprit treat (as was the only recent change in consumption) so they could get the word out to others. Once I got home I research the internet on this treat to find many horrible stories.
She is on watch for the next few days to make sure everything turns out okay. I am very worried and distraught.
Not only did my dog have to suffer just for being rewarded a treat. I lost work, I have a $126 vet bill, and had to rent a rug doctor and cleaning supplier for our health costing about another 100.
Please be careful what you bring home to your dogs not everything on any store shelf is okay.
Please see these links below for more information on this dangerous treat
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Chicken Jerky
- Review category
- Pet Stores
You May Also Like
- "A couple weeks ago me and my daughter (13), went to pet smart with our 2 year old whippet. This was our second time at pet smart only because they..."
- "I ordered my first kitnip box for my 3 wonderful cats, but especially for my beautiful Latte who loves toys and playing with them. When I got the box I..."
- "I bought a bulldog from local Petland. She was in store after purchased a week with no vet care. I demanded the get vet care immediately. So they took her..."
- "Sunday 1/3/2016 Denny's 8516 server Deborah, I order chicken quesadilla it was not what I expected horrible, almost no chicken on it one smal that you can't see. For..."
- "So far the dentures seem to be of OKAY quality (practically free so I wan't expecting Grade A quality) but good luck trying to talk to an actual human being..."
- "First of all, I have been insured through the Marketplace roughly five months ago and it was terrible and veeery time-consuming to get signed up initially. Today I had to..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."
- "I requested a quote, which they gave but were really pushy over the phone. I sent off my PS4 to have the fan fixed. Hardly heard a thing from them..."
- "Good deals on furniture, a decent warrantee, but BAD delivery. They must hire on-the-cheap, because these guys not only did extensive damage to my home, they could not even bring..."