Cary, North Carolina

I booked Milestone relocation Services, Raleigh, NC. for 26th June 2016. The move was from home in Cary, NC to a storage location 5 miles away in Cary, NC. They sent a quote for $99/hour for 2 people and $80 for the truck with a 3.5 hour minimum move. It was agreed for 26th June between 2 and 4 PM.

Related: Milestone Relocation Solutions Moving Service Review from Raleigh, North Carolina

When the truck arrived with 2 people on the agreed day and time, it was soon noticed that the truck sent had no number plates. When the workers were questioned, they had some story about changing of insurance. We called the number given and got a guy by the name of Steve on the phone. He claimed that somebody had taken the tags because insurance had changed. I told him that it was a violation of the law to send a truck without plates. He said that he was sending a new truck on the way within 35 and 45 minutes.

While we waited for him to arrive with the new truck, he instructed his workers to load the truck that had come without the number plates. So I called the guy Steve again and asked 'what is going on'?. He said that he was on his way.

I asked him 'then why are your workers loading the truck'?. He said 'then what do you expect them to do, sit around?'. I straight away told him off that he cannot send a truck to load my goods and transport them to storage when they had no number plates and it was a violation of the law. I made it clear to unload my goods that had been loaded. he called his men and asked them to unload my goods and went away. These guys left me stranded now that an entire day was wasted and there was no alternative.

This is a caution for people to be careful when you employ a movers like this in Raleigh, NC. Please check papers for insurance and licensed registration of the truck. We did no pay them for time wasted loading and unloading whatever they did. Don't settle for less and call police if you encounter such a situation.

1.6
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problem with delivery / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Milestone Relocation Solutions?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.