Las Vegas, Nevada
100% full Not resolved

Fractured leg resulted when my American Eskimo puppy escaped from a Midwest iCrate due to the door latch that was easy for him to open.My baby suffered for over 2 months, 9 trips to the vet and $1066 in vet bills.

Then I discovered 1730 complaints on amazon.com alone including MANY other victims who have been reporting dog escapes, injuries, property damage and even a death for 5 years, due to the poor latch design.

Midwest Metal Products (the manufacturer d/b/a Midwest Homes for Pets) has done NOTHING to correct the problem or even acknowledge the Midwest Dog Crate Danger. These crates are being sold by major retailers without ANY warnings.

MidwestDogCrateDanger website has more details.

Review about: Midwest Icrate.

I liked: Price for icrate, Fast delivery.

I didn't like: Latch lets dog easily escape, Manufacturer refuses to acknowledge design defect, 5 years of known dangerous defect, No warning labels.

1.8
Additional Fees
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Dangerous products / $1066
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Midwest Homes For Pets?

Submit review

Comments

I have personally spoken to Midwest regarding this case and the person posting this isn't telling the entire truth... He actually changed the latch numerous ways and then dropped his dog resulting in the injury!

Poor baby , glad he's oh k