I had an order for about $1200 in different items. I had 2 of the "hunting" 556 5rd mags on the order. I was getting ready for a hunting trip and was getting rid of the oil and other odors on my gear. I wiped the mags with a paper towels and they still smelled so I used hot water and some soap like I do to everything else. Water can be diluted by alcohol so I poured some on and in the mag. The black coating came off and made a *** of a mess, so I called Midway to tell them about it. The lady that answered the phone immediately said that I could not return it because I had altered it. This is total @^#% @$^^@$% #%&$ Bull $hit!!! I wasn't even wanting a refund. I was calling to tell them about an issue with a product. What an A$$ Hole. I was going to coat it with cerakote myself... All that black *** on my hand is the coating from the mag I cleaned...not altered. The magnet picks up the mag housing and the spring. the housing may be a type of 400 series SS but it is not very corrosive resistant . High hardness in heat treating will increase the corrosive resistance of the metal, but it will still rust. The floor plate is nonmagnetic and that implicates it is SS. The spring had corrosion on it from a previous source.
Former 10th SFGA & 1/75th Ranger Bn.
BSME, BSEE / Retired Engineer
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ar Stoner Ss 556 5 Round Magazine
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "November 2015, I ordered a Deion Sanders jersey but received a Patriots #21 jersey for someone Ive never heard of. I never contacted anyone. July 2016, ordered another Deion Sanders..."
- "I purchased an UP3 and about 3 months later, the band is already breaking. I emailed Jawbone support about the issue and wanted to understand why it would break so..."
- "Purchased rower on 3/15/15 that did not work. It is now 4/14/15, after a lot of run around, waited for technician for 3 hours today and i refused to wait..."
- "My husband went to CVS and purchased a MoneyPak by Greendot card and loaded $400. He came home and follow instructions to activate his prepaid card with the $400 online...."
- "I purchased several cloth calendars from Family Dollar at Christmas time annually for years. They are they year in one cloth calendars with a string and a dowel rod to..."
- " My 3 months old SC P 20000 Serial # W3DE000347, installed in Goleta, CA USA started spewing ink all over the prints .I called in to raise a complaint..."
- "In October l purchased what I was told a 2016 extended height 6x12 trailer.after a few weeks the paint on the frame seemed to be coming off and rust started..."
- "Phonak iCom wire falls apart. On my 4th device. They kepp charging for a new one. ..."
- "Bought a ironman steer tire for my freightliner, 2.5 months later blows up and takes my hood and fenders with it. Terrible experience..."