I had an order for about $1200 in different items. I had 2 of the "hunting" 556 5rd mags on the order. I was getting ready for a hunting trip and was getting rid of the oil and other odors on my gear. I wiped the mags with a paper towels and they still smelled so I used hot water and some soap like I do to everything else. Water can be diluted by alcohol so I poured some on and in the mag. The black coating came off and made a *** of a mess, so I called Midway to tell them about it. The lady that answered the phone immediately said that I could not return it because I had altered it. This is total @^#% @$^^@$% #%&$ Bull $hit!!! I wasn't even wanting a refund. I was calling to tell them about an issue with a product. What an A$$ Hole. I was going to coat it with cerakote myself... All that black *** on my hand is the coating from the mag I cleaned...not altered. The magnet picks up the mag housing and the spring. the housing may be a type of 400 series SS but it is not very corrosive resistant . High hardness in heat treating will increase the corrosive resistance of the metal, but it will still rust. The floor plate is nonmagnetic and that implicates it is SS. The spring had corrosion on it from a previous source.
Former 10th SFGA & 1/75th Ranger Bn.
BSME, BSEE / Retired Engineer
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ar Stoner Ss 556 5 Round Magazine
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a tinker motor dirt bike, was delivered on Oct. 28,2014 by 2GO but i returned it the next day because it was defective, i requested for a full..."
- "Complaint Description:I entered into an agreement via email with EASTERN LETTERING They did not do what they said they would do Asked Eastern Lettering to provide a nameplate switch and..."
- "I go to planet fitness in the early am hours. I have noticed a incline in garbage all over the gym. There were 5 water bottles and a bunch of..."
- "I ordered hundreds of dollars of latex flowers to use as centerpieces for my wedding. The order was placed at the end of June. When I started to receive the..."
- "WENT TO CHANEL TO BUY MAKE-UP WAS TOLD MY COMPLEXION IS TOO DARK AND THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE I TOLD THEN THAT IS DISCRIMINATION AND MY LAWYER WILL BE..."
- "I was having a garage sale and decided to maximize sales by posting some items on OfferUp. I received numerous alerts from what I can only describe as pretend buyers...."
- "It so sad to see all these negative reviews . I received my Snap On Smile (SOS) in February of 2012 and its the best 1600 dollar investment i made..."
- "I took my daughter and 3 of her friends to Sky Zone in Florence, AL. Before I attempted the Warrior Course, I asked the girl that was working the section..."
- "120$ Wasted on a dress that looks nothing like site dress very poorly imitated. If we had more money and time they wouldn't be worn. I will never order from..."