I had an order for about $1200 in different items. I had 2 of the "hunting" 556 5rd mags on the order. I was getting ready for a hunting trip and was getting rid of the oil and other odors on my gear. I wiped the mags with a paper towels and they still smelled so I used hot water and some soap like I do to everything else. Water can be diluted by alcohol so I poured some on and in the mag. The black coating came off and made a *** of a mess, so I called Midway to tell them about it. The lady that answered the phone immediately said that I could not return it because I had altered it. This is total @^#% @$^^@$% #%&$ Bull $hit!!! I wasn't even wanting a refund. I was calling to tell them about an issue with a product. What an A$$ Hole. I was going to coat it with cerakote myself... All that black *** on my hand is the coating from the mag I cleaned...not altered. The magnet picks up the mag housing and the spring. the housing may be a type of 400 series SS but it is not very corrosive resistant . High hardness in heat treating will increase the corrosive resistance of the metal, but it will still rust. The floor plate is nonmagnetic and that implicates it is SS. The spring had corrosion on it from a previous source.
Former 10th SFGA & 1/75th Ranger Bn.
BSME, BSEE / Retired Engineer
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ar Stoner Ss 556 5 Round Magazine
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We ordered these headsets in the hopes they would allow our polo team's coach to guide players during practice games. We were looking for the same system used by NFL..."
- "Complaint Description:I entered into an agreement via email with EASTERN LETTERING They did not do what they said they would do Asked Eastern Lettering to provide a nameplate switch and..."
- "Although it was a little expensive bought one of the mats that had both rough grass and fairway on half. Item shipped quickly and before even 12 hits a..."
- "This is some B.S I ordered a fluffy tulle skirt and also paid for express delivery to receive it between 7 to 15 days and I never received it on..."
- "In August 2014 I had a problem with the power line in my building , and it cause me a lot of damage , the way it's start is the..."
- "Let me first start by saying I am 40, my friend is 30. We are both managers for a very large, very successful company in Rochester, NY. I also own..."
- "There is something seriously wrong with this company. I had a problem with registration. I suspect that my telephone number was incorrectly registered in a partial registration. Easy to fix?..."
- "I have shown these pictures to Oak Grove rental office I have also had the office send these pictures to Morgan Properties also so that this problem can be handled...."
- "My amazing love had ordered (a week in advance- to ensure delivery) flowers to be delivered to me in celebration of our 1 year anniversary and they never showed, needless..."