Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

2.8

I contracted with Midtown Home Improvements to complete my fence project. I originally reached out to them for a fence and deck install, but they stated they weren't doing decks at that time.

Since they weren't doing decks, I reached out to another contractor to complete that project. Once contracted, they gave me a date in which they were going to start the project. I asked if it could be completed after the deck was done and was told that they would push it out for 1 week. Due to inclement weather, my deck guys were unable to complete their project.

I had both contractors meet at my home to discuss the set up regarding my fence and deck. My decks guys came out twice to discuss the positioning of the fence versus the deck with Midtown. Midtown completed the fence, but did not follow the specifications from my deck guys. The fence was supposed to be outside of my deck, hitting the outside of my home foundation.

As you can see by the picture, the fence was running straight into my deck, because Midtown stated that they weren't responsible for being a few inches off. Well, when you're spending $10,000+, you need to be responsible for being off. Portions of it had to be torn down in order to do the skirting around my deck, because there wasn't enough room left. My deck guy had to do a makeshift repair to keep my dogs from getting out.

Midtown's manager, Jarod Blade, came out on August 2, 2021, and stated that they would make the needed corrections. I have yet to hear from the company after many voicemail messages being left.

I would never recommend this company to anyone. Extremely unprofessional!!!!

User's recommendation: Do not use if you have other contractors. Does not work well with others!!!!

Preferred solution: Fix the fence as was promised on 8-2-21. .

Midtown Home Improvements Cons: Lack of follow through with issues with installation.

Comments